- $130k + Cash Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
Operations Project Manager
New York, NY, USA
Salary: $130k + Cash Bonus
We require a Project Manager to join an operations strategy & change delivery function and help them provide project and program management delivery to enable operations to deliver priority change-the-bank initiatives from a variety of sources including strategic, regulatory and business drive change.
As a Project Manager within the strategy & change delivery team, you will be responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining a book of work (portfolio) as well as successful delivery of projects that have been agreed with key stakeholders at both the regional and global level.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Change Process Governance
- Manage delivery of multiple projects from inception to implementation for various strategic, industry, regulatory, mandatory, BAU or streamlining initiatives within Operations; ensure timely and cost effective delivery Actively manage project portfolio conflicts – schedule embargos, resource management and delivery risk.
- Drive consistency in structure, approach, content and quality of change deliverable by utilizing the standard tools and practices.
- Promote and leverage best practices for project management, business analysis and governance activities.
- Align to global standards, tools and processes; Clarity, JIRA, PPT.
- Liaise directly with multiple IT groups to ensure business requirements are clearly articulated, understood and tracked as well as ensure that IT deliverables are traceable to agreed business requirements.
- Ensure active operations participation in local implementation as required, working closely with IT and the respective Operations stakeholders.
- Identify and capture all product specific change initiatives related to Operations, working with IT to understand the impact of the change and capturing within the scope of each milestone.
- Ensure technology related benefits for initiatives are clearly understood, captured as part of approval and prioritization process and tracked through to completion.
Project Management and Implementation
- Responsible for the delivery of change initiatives (i.e. projects delivered on time, on budget, and achieve stated benefits)
- Responsible for establishing scope, resource needs, milestones and success metrics at project onset and are tracked & managed throughout the life of the program.
- Manage, review and control all project artifacts throughout project lifecycle including scope and scale of projects to ensure practical expectations are met and progressive delivery is achieved.
- Ability to manage virtual team resources to achieve project goals, including change partners in different locations / time-zones.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a change management function within the finance industry, working within a Global Markets environment
- A broad working knowledge of Global Market products with specific experience in Collateral industry & market changes.
- A track record of partnering with Operations Asset Class heads, Front office, IT and external stakeholders to support and implement agreed strategy. Able to exercise independent initiative and proactively overcome obstacles and changing circumstances.
- A good knowledge of innovative technologies and experience in projects utilizing innovative technologies to deliver tangible business benefits. Able obtain buy in / manage expectations - innovation projects are prone to unforeseen issues / delays and honest dialogue is needed throughout.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Ability to build and bridge strategic options/recommendations to solve business challenges.
- Ability to navigate unstructured or ambiguous situations.
Qualifications / Certifications
- Strong project management and business analysis skills including a proven track record of project delivery.
- Process mapping, analysis and re-engineering.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree