- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Payroll Administrator job duties include working closely with our Accounting Team to analyze payroll reports to ensure accuracy in our financial reporting. Our ideal candidate holds a Bachelor's degree, is familiar with Payroll processing software (preferably ADP Payforce), and can work with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word.
- Processing and verifying pro-rated payments for newly hired employees
- Updating withholding certificates for newly hired employees or changes to existing certificates
- Setting up direct deposit accounts in payroll system
- Generating reports from payroll system in order to analyze data
- Validating Single Client Feed data to Fidelity
- Processing daily Equity transactions as needed
- Validating post payroll General Ledger files
- Reconciling 401K and Stock Option contributions/shares
- Processing and verifying prior quarter transactions via ADP Adjustmate/BalAdjust software
- Responding to employment verification requests
- Payroll processing experience
- Solid understanding of payroll principles
- Ability to calculate, enter, and process payroll entries using Payroll Software
- Data entry skills with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and related Office software
- Proficient in English and MS Office
- Customer service oriented and able to work independently and in team setting
- Possess a high degree of accuracy and keen attention to detail
- BS Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.