Portfolio Associate - Asset Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a Portfolio Associate with 1 - 5 years of research / data analysis / information technology experience within the asset management / financial services industry. VISUAL BASIC / VBA programming experience is an ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT. The Portfolio Associate will be a member of the investment team and report directly to the Managing Director, Portfolio Manager. The role provides a great opportunity to learn about equity research from a quantitative support perspective.
The Portfolio Associate will support the fundamental research and portfolio construction processes of a specific equity strategy. By creating and maintaining the various analytical tools, research materials and reports used by the analysts, the Portfolio Associate will increase the productivity of the analyst team. This position is critical to the success of the strategy. In addition to providing quantitative support to the team, the position also works closely with the Marketing Team on occasion to ensure they have the necessary updates to meet current client and prospect requests.
• Develop, maintain and improve tools used in the day-to-day research management of the equity strategy, including FactSet, Bloomberg and Excel (including Excel macros)
• Coordinate and prepare research materials for weekly team meetings, including screen and triage reports, geographic exposure reports and valuation templates
• Gather and update quarter-end information including: new screen names, sample stocks, dividend increasers, top/bottom performers, reasons bought/sold and sources/uses of cash examples
• Communicate appropriate quarter-end information to Marketing Team for inclusion in pitch book and other marketing materials
• Gather ad-hoc research as requested by the analysts (e.g. sell-side reports)
• Work on various projects that help improve the efficiency of the strategy or that further support the investment process
• 2 - 5 years experience in asset management / financial services industry or data analysis field.
• Understanding of the financial markets and equities and proficiency in quantitative analysis tools – expert level skills in Microsoft Excel is required including a strong working knowledge of Visual Basic / VBA.
• Knowledge of FactSet, Advent APX and Bloomberg a significant plus (not required).