Portfolio Risk - Project Manager
The Market Risk department within Mizuho's BHC is responsible for monitoring, reporting, analyzing risk across Mizuho BHC entities. This role is to support Portfolio risk team to support Risk Governance, Risk Analytics and Risk programs. Mizuho Bank seeks a highly motivated individual to serve as Vice President - Portfolio Risk unit within the U.S. FBO Regulation Project Team. The candidate will work with portfolio risk team to support Mizuho's capabilities in developing and enhancing risk infrastructure, governance and stress testing. Working closely with other subject matter experts, the candidate would promote a collaborative and innovative work environment within the BHC risk management unit. Portfolio Risk Analyst Responsibilities
The candidate will provide substantial contributions to the following activities:
- An understanding of technology and systems flow and controls, the ability to drive change and improve processes, organization and documentation, and the ability to effectively interface with senior management.
- Work closely with cross team to deliver Risk analytics program and various projects such as SCCL, FRTB, Risk consolidation, Risk Identification and Risk Appetite work stream.
- Assist in risk governance, preparing risk committee reports and presentation.
- Assist in analysis of risk infrastructure and help developed robust tool set to support BHC risk architecture and organization.
- Maintain high degrees of documentation standards and liaise with team members to ensure all regulatory deliverables are met with sufficient evidence.
- Maintain documentation for risk process, policy and procedures
- Support and maintain status of Portfolio risk team programs
- Contribute to other risk initiative that may arise on an ad-hoc basis
- Evaluate and make recommendations on controls consistent with the risk of the data element; analyze data usage within the business; and manage tactical and strategic data solutions .
- Drive standardization across processes and reporting. Suggest and implement controls to improve efficiency & accuracy of existing processes. Build and rollout new training efforts to address knowledge gaps
- Track all key action items and deliverables associated with governance, metrics, and business management agenda.
- Leads Senior Management through the development of a business architecture plan for the line of business. Evaluate and present information that will facilitate effective and timely decision-making through written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings with recommendations.
- 10+ years' experience in bank risk management or other analytical area preferred
- Strong background (minimum of seven years) in Technology Development/Support or Data Analytics, or Business Process Analysis/Process Improvement
- Demonstrated leadership in pulling small workgroups together to accomplish goals.
- Must be able to think critically, understand business and technical functions and assess impact, identify root causes of issues, solve problems creatively, plan and meet deadlines, and demonstrate strong sense of personal accountability
- Be able to partnering with Risk & Finance business and technology teams to drive the vision of the Risk Roadmap and to execute on strategic initiatives across the organization, including the Finance and Risk Consumption Strategy.
- Good knowledge of general market risk management, risk metrics and financial products, theories and concepts.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of statistics, and working knowledge data management tool such as SAS, Matlab or R
- Preferred knowledge of regulations and compliance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to understand the perspective and priorities of others.
- Capable of working well under pressure, independently and in teams to execute and deliver on-time multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Excellent PC skills, proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, SQL and Powerpoint.
- Highly organized as the role requires keeping up with the ever changing environment
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple priorities on a deadline basis.
- Understanding and viewpoint on the compliance and regulatory environment to ensure proper implementation of overall programs such as SCCL, SR 11-10, Volcker, FRTB etc.
- Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in Engineering, Finance or Math
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.