Portfolio Risk Project Manager
The Portfolio Risk department within Mizuho's BHC is responsible for monitoring, reporting, analyzing risk across strips for Mizuho BHC entities. This role is to support Portfolio risk team to provide project management and analytical support for ongoing and upcoming Risk projects. The candidate will work with portfolio risk team as Project manager in Credit Risk and Market Risk areas. Working closely with other subject matter experts, the candidate would promote a collaborative and innovative work environment within the BHC risk management unit. Portfolio Risk Analyst Responsibilities
Ideal candidate works closely with key decision makers inside the Risk Management group to accomplish the following:
- Manages and oversees end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation
- Supports the regulatory reporting and examination process end to end
- Assists in developing detailed project plans and scheduled projects, including goals, risks, and resource allocation.
- Monitors project results for significant deviations
- Works with all required functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project.
- Maintain high degrees of documentation standards and liaise with team members to ensure all regulatory deliverables are met with sufficient evidence.
- Serves as liaison between clients and internal groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget and to specification.
- Effectively manages resources and workforce planning
- Experience in Finance/Investment banking required
- Experience in Credit Risk/Market Risk/ Liquidity risk required
- Broad understanding of various regulatory projects such as DFAST, SR 11-10, SCCL, CECL
- 6-8 years of total work experience in project management preferably in agile environment. Scrum master experience is nice to have.
- Strong business analysis expertise with SQL knowledge
- Exposure to Reporting tools is a plus
- Work with the business and technical stakeholders to understand the underlying systems and technologies
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred knowledge of regulations and compliance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to understand the perspective and priorities of others and lead the team.
- Capable of working well under pressure, independently and in teams to execute and deliver on-time multiple concurrent projects.
- Highly organized as the role requires keeping up with the ever changing environment
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple priorities on a deadline basis.
- Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in Economics, Finance or Math
- Project Management skills
- Business Analyst / Data Analyst skills
- strong Excel skills
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.