Principal Developer - Java
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Will be focused on building modern distributed systems application for our Custody group. Qualifications
• Experience in the securities or financialservices industry is a plus.
• Knowledge on SWIFT message types is aplus.
• Deep understanding of the softwaredevelopment life cycle.
• Excellent communication skills (writtenand verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solvingskills and the ability to work well independently.
• Experience with complex systemintegration projects.
• Experience working with businessanalysts, database administrators, project managers and technical architects inmultiple geographical areas.
Technical Skills (Distributed)
• Java, Spring, Spring Boot, J2EE DesignPatterns, REST services
• Strong Knowledge of SQL, JDBC, Unixcommands
• Hands-on experience in DB - Oracle or DB2
• Deployment Acquaintance in Apache Tomcator Weblogic
• Expertise in Test driven development(Junit, JMeter), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Build tool(Maven) andVersion Control (Git), Development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ)• Expertise in Testdriven development (Junit, JMeter), Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Buildtool(Maven) and Version Control (Git), Development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: