Principal, Full-Stack Developer
BNY Mellon Treasury Services Technology team is looking for a qualified Full-Stack Developer / Architect would would lead theresearch and design of technical infrastructure for applications. He/ She would Lead research, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide architecturalconcepts, principles and tools. Assess business viability of newtechnologies. Prepare an Architecture roadmap for the group. Consult withother senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies. Make recommendations, gain approval and develop implementation strategy for newtechnologies. Act as advocate for change to provide innovative, creativetechnology solutions. Prepare and deliver presentations to top-level managementon new technology and its impact on the organization. Provide guidance toother architects throughout the enterprise. Stay abreast of the latesttechnology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace. Make recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meetclient needs contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectivesAdvanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent workexperience required. Contribute to the achievement of multipleteams' objectives.
Specific job duties to include:
- Role will provide Architectural guidance, strategy and thought leadership to the Liquidity, Trade, Client Onboarding Technology area consisting of approximately 35 technology resources + 50 Vendor resources
- Develop a roadmap to re-engineer and modernize the Technology stack over a 3-year period. Move from vendor products to in-house development using Open source technologies using REST APIs.
- Evangelize and evaluate new technologies and continuously look for products and technologies that can help to automate, improve and enhance the Finance application stack and reduce the TCO.
- May be asked to lead critical technology application development
- Collaborates with TST Sector Architect and Enterprise Architecture Review Board
'Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Must have thorough and demonstrative knowledge on or both the user-side frontend of a website, as well as the backend, server-side that powers the user-side. Additional requirements include intermediate understanding of security principles, relational databases and architecture design principles. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites. Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain). Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system. Apply security and privacy principles.Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services.Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Active learning engagement. Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time. Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans. Stays abreast of emerging technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Mentors junior level engineers. Qualifications
- Must have led Architectural practice for a group or division and is well versed with Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience with multiple of these technologies: Kafka, Redis, Elastic, STRIIM, Netflix conductor, Docker, OpenShift, Spring, Rabbit MQ
- Design expertise with creating SOA and component service (e.g. REST API) based architectures required.
- Hands on and in-depth experience in Agile, Open Source Technologies like Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, Apache is required. UML knowledge is a must.
- Familiarity with Cloud deployment
- Hands on in-depth Experience on Angular JS, CSS, Web 2.0, Experience establishing good development processes and practices required. This includes coding practices for functional and non-functional requirements. Establishment of good test practices. Experience with Test Driven Development and related tools (eg JUnit) desirable.
- Enterprise system architecture experience including design of high performance and scalable, resilient systems is required.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership to the team and mentor more junior developers.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with business and technology partners.
- Experience managing offshore teams is required
- Financial products/services experience required. Treasury/Finance knowledge/background preferred.
- Sharp and incisive Influence management skills are required. Should be able to navigate Organizational networks and influence decisions.
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 9-11 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.' BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: