Principal, Full-Stack Developer
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients. Markets & Market Risk Technology (MMRT)
within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. The technology group also supports the company's market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms.
The senior developer will be the BNYM technology lead for the Global Surveillance and Supervision project. He/she will oversee a global team of both BNYM and vendor (AquaQ) development resources working on the platform, providing architectural & development oversight/coordination and also hands on development for this critical platform.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 10-14 years of experience in software development required
- 10+ years of strong hands-on full stack development experience with diverse technologies including UI (Angular/React), databases (KDB & Oracle), and Java including RESTFul Webservices, Docker/Containers, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of RDBMS and database design applications.
- Previous hands on experience coding and building enterprise level applications and leading a global team
- Appreciation for non-functional requirements: performance, scalability, testability
- Experience with Continuous Deployment/Integration practices including automated unit/integration/regression tests, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Previous experience in managing and/or working with vendor resources
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, responsive and proactive.
- Knows how to take the ownership of a system.
- Trade surveillance technology experience preferred
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: