Principal, Full-Stack Developer
We are seeking a Full-Stack Developer
to join our Enterprise architecture group that uses cutting age and modern technology stack.
You will be responsible for developing/supporting/maintaining web services and User interface of a single page application (SPA). This application is mainly driven by a large amount of architecture data that firm captures at the enterprise architecture level. We deal with a lot of data that fits into a graph model .You would be hands on coder with primary skill-sets in Java, Springboot, understanding of functional programming principles, graph database, docker; experience in React/Angular and any front-end technology is a big plus. Key Responsibilities
- Full stack development of a single page application pulling data from a graph database, creating a great user experience which allows users to discover applications architecture across the BNYMellon enterprise
- Working independently to contribute to a team delivering solutions to the meet the needs app dev community as well as executive management.
- Participate in Agile Development process.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 10-14 years of experience in software development required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans
- S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies
- Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required
- Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits
- Passion for developing enterprise-scale web applications.
- 5 plus years of experience with modern web technologies and frameworks (one or more of React, Angular, TYPESCRIPT, etc.)
- Experience building Single page applications, graph data visualization.
- Experience building re-usable UI component libraries
- 8 plus years of experience designing and developing complex web applications in Java, SpringBoot with a structured code is preferred.
- Desire to learn functional programming
Nice to have:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience designing/implementing Graph based solutions using Graph databases like neo4j, SPARQL or similar ones.
- Experience designing/implementing cloud native solutions
- Knowledge of Docker containers
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Knowledge of Twelve-Factor App methodology
- Knowledge of functional programming principles
- Experience working with Scala
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Architecture And Data-HR16450} Requisition Number: