Principal, Project Manager
Hiring additional members for a core team, involved in an exciting quant engineering effort. Our group provides institutional trading-related services to clients with a global, multi-asset investment footprint. Get involved from the ground-up, as we design, architect and build a state-of-the-art platform, to empower extensive reporting capabilities, research and real-time analytics, in support of a global, multi-asset trading organization. Help us build a fast-paced, ambitious, yet cerebral and collegial culture of a start-up effort, while enjoying the benefits of an established, stable firm and one of the world's greatest financial services companies.
Project Manager - Responsibilities
We are looking for a driven and experienced Project Manager to guide the development and deployment of mission-critical technology efforts.
- In this role, you will be asked to deliver high impact, visible and high-risk initiatives, enabling new business growth, product launches, product enhancements, and strategic initiatives.
- Create processes to streamline workflows and optimize efficiencies for the development team.
- Track progress of all critical projects, anticipate and remove roadblocks, and maintain communication with the engineers, business leaders and colleagues across the organization, to ensure projects are moving forward with good momentum.
- Evaluate evolving business requirements and recommend appropriate solution alternatives by analyzing business processes, systems and industry standards.
- Develop and track schedules for a range of deliverables across multiple workstreams, while making sure all the work is aligned around the strategic road map.
- Collaborate extensively with Engineering, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, and Executives to ensure clarity of ownership, responsibilities and accountability throughout the lifecycle of each project.
- Lead stakeholder meetings, capture inputs, document critical decisions and expectations, gain and maintain stakeholder support and confidence.
- Ensure that work is delivered in adherence with internal standards, compliance policies and risk guidelines.
- Collaborate with key counterparties to ensure seamless integration of our platform with their environments.
- Provide insight into workflows and processes enabled by the technology platforms, in support of requests by compliance, clients and regulators.
- Capture, maintain and prioritize the queue of features enhancements, in line with business objectives.
- Assess risks with consideration for the clients' best interests and our firm's reputation; safeguarding client assets, the firm and keeping in mind the overall ecosystem of industry participants, by driving compliance with applicable policies, laws, rules and regulations.
Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies. Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner. Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments). Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program. Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). Manages Program Office Resources. May have formal management responsibility for Program Team members. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives Qualifications
- 7+ years' experience in project management role, ideally at a trading firm, broker-dealer, a market data provider or a trading technology vendor.
- A superb communicator, delivering and absorbing information with precision and efficiency, leaving no room for ambiguity between any of the stakeholders - strong technical writing skills are necessary.
- Highly adaptable to work seamlessly across functions.
- Intellectually curious, fast learner and able to grasp the most complex concepts, workflows and requirements.
- Team-first attitude, with ability and desire to motivate and support others.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements relating to institutional trading, data and information management and retention.
- In-depth experience working with Order and Execution Management Systems, covering the entire lifecycle of a trade.
- Significant skills with JIRA, Confluence and similar tools.
- SQL, XML, JSON, Excel, Python.
- APIs, Web Services, Market Data.
- Prefer a STEM degree - Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial 10 - 12 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: