Princ'l Arch't,Appl Dev-Quality Engineering Lead-Data Architecture
Principal Architect, Appl Development->> Designs technical infrastructure for applications and assists in defining application tools. Develops the applications architecture and blueprints which reflect business logic of the section or division. Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools. Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools. Provides technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams. Consults on integration and conversion activities, experiences and considerations. Acts as subject matter expert, as needed.Participates in mapping the technology-independent applications architecture to the chosen technology platform. Conducts reviews and analyses organizational needs to make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of applications. Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace. Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs. Helps resolve high-impact, moderately complex system problems affecting multiple applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps.Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives. Qualifications
Bachelor s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
Motivation:Are you looking to challenge yourself and take your skills to the next level?Do you want to lead a team of exceptional engineers that is redefining the way we approach Testing and Test Automation?Does the world of containers and associated technologies excite you? Do you want to define new ways to improve product quality and reduce time to market? Does solving complex automation challenges spanning multiple technologies bring the best out of you?
Do you want to challenge the traditional way of thinking with innovative ideas for better outcomes? If the answer to the above questions is YES, then you are absolutely in the right place.
• Must be a Strategic Thinker and come up with innovative solutions to solve complex technological challenges
• Experience leading a team of exceptional engineers
• Experience working in an Agile & Waterfall SDLC
• Must have deep knowledge of various testing methodologies, QE terminology and processes.
• Must be comfortable collaborating across multiple teams and working in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to develop strong and effective working partnerships with functions like Product, App Dev, Analyst, Devops, Teck Risk, Architecture
• Must be quick to grasp new technologies and adapt to changing priorities
• Must be skilled in developing and effectively communicating test strategies that separate the essential from the non-essential work
• Must be able to demonstrate both foresight and flexibility in managing the testing of multiple simultaneous projects.
• Takes initiative to communicate potential future problems and develops plan to resolve them when appropriate.
• Must have Financial Domain Experience especially in the areas of Custody, Treasury, Corporate Trust, Corporate Payments, Post Trade Settlements, Broker Dealer Services, Securities
• Proficient with Object Oriented Programming Languages, Data Structures and Design Patterns - Preferably Java
• Proficient in Scripting Languages like Python, Ruby, Groovy
• Proficient working in a Linux/Unix based Environment
• Proficient in using open source test automation frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, Rest Assured
• Proficient in using BDD frameworks like Cucumber, JBehave, SpecFlow and Serenity BDD
• Proficient in Testing Automation with Web Apps, APIs, Message Queues, DBs
• Proficient in Testing Main Frames Systems, Win Forms Apps, Silverlight Apps, Messaging Queues, ETL Systems
• Proficient in Performance Testing with tools like JMeter, Fiddler, Dynatrace
• Experience working with CI Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI
• Experience working with DevOps Tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Prometheus, Nomad
• Experience working with multiple cloud providers like AWS, Azure & GCP
• Experience working with Relational & NOSQL DBs like SQL Server, Oracle DB, MongoDB
• Experience working with monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Dynatrace
• Experience working with Log Aggregation Tools like Splunk, Sumo Logic
• Experience working with Reporting Tools like Tableau, Grafana
• Experience with Mobile Application Testing & Mobile Test Automation
• Experience with testing Data Warehouse Systems BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Architecture and Data-HR16450 Requisition Number: