Private Equity Fund Accountant
International Fund Administrator seeks a Private Equity Fund Accountant
The Private Equity/Financial Reporting Accountant will be responsible for financial statement preparation (quarterly and year end), including all supporting documentation and footnote requirements (Fair Value notes, FAS 161, ASU 2011-11, etc). They will also be responsible for preparation of the allocations and waterfall calculations. Job Specifications/Qualifications (Min. knowledge, skills and abilities required): Education/Training (or equivalent):
Experience (Type of work experience, minimum number of years):
- Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of previous experience with financial statement preparation and private equity accounting experience.
Special Skills and/or Abilities:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft software
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Knowledge of securities and fixed income assets
- Working knowledge of accounting systems (Geneva, VPM) and allocations
Job Functions, Unique Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge of investment company accounting, partnership accounting and investor capital allocations process
- Strong financial reporting skills, including consolidation accounting.
- Previous experience with Private Equity accounting principles including knowledge of investor accounting and waterfall structures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Polished and professional demeanor
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines without constant supervision
- Exercises independent judgment and multi-task oriented
- Takes initiative and ownership of job responsibilities
- Must be able to perform essential job duties accurately and timely
- Must adhere to deadlines and targets given
- Prepare period-end financial packages including investor statements for private equity funds
- Prepare period end financial statements and all associated disclosures under GAAP and IFRS
- Act as key point of contact for clients, auditors and other third parties for a defined portfolio of funds
- Review offering documents and agreement ensuring that funds are setup in accordance with the fund documents
- Assist with client onboarding which includes, but not limited to, loading of client's tax lots, cash balance and trial balance onto the accounting platform
- Assist in year-end audit by providing backup documentation for sampling selected by client's auditors.
- Prepare expense budget analysis and perform expense calculations
- Maintain daily and monthly accounting records.
- Process Capital Commitments, calls, and distributions.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of the investor capital statement
- Perform ad-hoc functions related to fund requirements
- Ensure client month-end and reporting deliverables are satisfied
- Work closely with clients to resolve inquiries and ensure client satisfaction.
- Work well in a team environment to achieve common goals
Salary up to 125k DOE
Candidates can send their MS WORD resume (NO PDFs PLEASE) directly to Michael.Bernstein@phytontalent.com