Procurement Partner (Contract)
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen. Our Team
We are a Global Procurement Department who, working with our internal clients, devise strategies based on the multifaceted requirements of a fast pace groundbreaking business with a truly global presence. Our inventive and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for an experienced procurement partner to join its US Operations based in New York.
You will be part of the US team supporting multiple internal partners including Human Resources, Risk, Philanthropy, Legal and Financial Administration.
Working with the team lead and team members, you will develop and execute supply strategies for the Business areas you support, handling your own supply base ensuring stakeholders get what they want, when they want it and at the best value
You are passionate about negotiating that next deal, being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. You will build and cultivate relationships with our partners and vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the US region We'll Trust You To:
You'll need to have:
- Show proficient knowledge of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail
- Figure out specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Lead regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc., and use market research from internal and external sources to drive sourcing decisions
- Ensure adherence to the policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Negotiate and implement contractual agreements in partnership with the internal customer and our Legal department
- Run the vendor base to ensure contractual compliance and financial efficiency
- Continuously review with the Sourcing Team Strategic Plans to better serve the company as a whole
- Build strong and positive relationships with internal clients and the associated vendor base
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
We'd love to see:
- Education to college degree level, CPMS or combination of education and work experience
- Proven experience in the sourcing environment including complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards
- A good working knowledge of Procurement
- Strong contractual knowledge and negotiation skills
- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
- Strong decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to optimally interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
If this sounds like you:
- SAP/Ariba, Oracle or other ERP and e-Procurement experience
- Experience across HR (Recruiting, Benefits, Learning and Development), Legal, Risk and Financial Administration categories.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.