Product Analysis and Design lead
Duties & accountabilities Business and Product Analysis
- Take the lead on product analysis and design for the strategic Indices roadmap including and responsibility for execution of product vision.
- Act as a liaison between business development, product management, operations, business heads and technology groups and scrum teams to facilitate communication on initiative.
- Conduct independent research and stakeholder interviews to understand business vision requirements. Write complete business requirements where needed and facilitate sign-off
- Produce user stories and use cases using different modelling techniques for detailed technical requirements.
- Work with system architects to ensure system design meets business requirements and present high level system architecture to business stakeholders as it relates to business requirements
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing and support the change management process
- Ensure consistency of specifications across initiatives and platforms and conduct gap analysis and downstream impact.
- Write, revise, and edit client education, user, administrative, and support materials
- Conduct user training workshops as required.
- Communicate requirements and updates to the same to the relevant stakeholder group
- Assist Product owner with initiating projects, defining scope, assessing resources, creating plans and communicating at all levels.
- Evaluate and recommend a successful approach and execution plan across business IT and operations, covering change programmes, company/department structure and resourcing, governance, operational risk mitigation, implementations and methodologies.
- Manage project risks and issues, dependencies & assumptions, including developing contingency plans.
- Support product owner and scrum teams in managing project risks and issues, dependencies & assumptions, including developing contingency plans.
- Liaise with clients, technology suppliers, and legal for external facing products
- Propose and champion process improvements based on outputs of post project reviews and day to day experiences.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in the field of technology or finance required.
- Graduate degree (MS, MBA) preferred.
- Proven experience and solid understanding of SDLC processes including Agile.
- Proven delivery track record.
- 10-15 years' experience managing delivery of projects into complex platform environments where many dependencies need careful management.
- Prior involvement in major, multi geography projects
- Experienced in Microsoft tools, Jira, Confluence and PPM software.
- Experience with Agile or other iterative processes is a plus.
- Understanding of general financial terms and principals required.
- Interest in financial markets and transactions required.
- Experience with data and feeds desired
- Competence in liaising with Clients, Product, Development and Operations stake holders.
- Able to facilitate meeting where required and ensure decisions/actions are captured, communicated and tracked
- Take ownership of the programme of work, ensuring process, infrastructure and communication mechanisms are maintained.
- Highly focused on project delivery
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines, Excellent estimating and planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Solid documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Meeting Management
- Issue Management
- Decision Support
- Conflict Resolution
- Logical Thinking
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to lead conference calls with both internal and external participants
- Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.