- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
In this role, you will join our CS team to learn all aspects of the Moody's Analytics structured finance business. You will have the opportunity to participate in projects with our content production, financial modeling and client service teams. You will gain exposure to experienced professionals in our CS team through extensive training and mentorship programs. This will be hands-on learning experience where you will participate in real world production processes from data acquisition to product delivery. You will be a member of Moody's Analytics' team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading data, model and software solutions for the structured finance industry.
This role would include:
- Work as part of our product teams to prepare use cases, design product functionality, specify bug fixes and software enhancement requests
- Communicate key product features and values to clients. Assist with support calls that involve valuation questions, product feature demonstrations, integration issues and product improvements
- Contribute and lead long term projects and initiatives that benefit the quality of client-facing products
- Coordinate communication between Engineering, Program Management and Research teams to facilitate understanding of design requirements
- Assist in providing content and reviewing documentation for release of new features
- Work with our data team to understand our monthly production cycle and sophisticated data processes. Have an opportunity to streamline processes and improve quality and efficiency through automation
- Learn how to model waterfalls for a variety of structured finance asset classes, including RMBS, CMBS, ABS and CLOs
- Support training activities on the technical and analytical aspects of products
Content Solutions - Structured division of Moody's Analytics
- Undergraduate or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) with a quantitative or problem solving emphasis. Preferred degrees are in Finance, Engineering, Math, Economics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or another relational database is required
- Experience in C/C++, C#, Excel VBA, or other programming languages is preferred
- Experience in working with large/complex data sets beneficial
- Candidate must be willing to learn structured finance and have an interest in technology
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical issues.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Possess great initiative and have strong organizational skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.