Product Management Analyst - Content Management
DeltaOne is an Index and ETF Data Management platform whose core offering focuses on the collection, aggregation and distribution of financial index and ETP market data. Additional complimentary services, providing data analytics and intelligence with respect to financial markets, are offered that correspond to our index and ETF subject matter expertise. The whole of the DeltaOne business is contingent upon the use of externally sourced 3rd party data and the partnerships we form with these external data partners; meaning the success of DeltaOne and its client offerings is highly correlated with any successes achieved in the expansion and maintenance of relationships with the global financial market data industry.
The Content Management function is part of the Product Management team and was created as a market data function within the DeltaOne product itself. The core responsibility of the Content Management team is to expand and maintain relationships with external and internal data source; advocating for expanded data sets and use cases but also ensuring that DeltaOne's usage rights are fully understood, documented and implemented through process or product development. Responsibilities
- Relationship Management
- Engage with existing data partners through regular relationship meetings and as a point person for any questions related to product functionality and usage; while CARM maintains the firm wide relationship Content Management will act as an extension of that team within our product suite.
- Ensure that contacts for both account management and operational purposes are updated on a regular basis and maintained within our central confluence directory.
- Sourcing Additional Data Sets
- DeltaOne continues to build out its content as requested by clients requiring the sourcing a new, unknown data sets from index providers, local stock exchanges, other data aggregators and ETF issuers. Content Management is responsible for researching all new relationships and initiating contact in a measured manner in collaboration with our CARM team counterparts.
- New relationships will need to be documented and shared across internal teams and external stake holders and users. Content Management is responsible for collecting all information and liaising with internal build/operations teams to ensure new data sets are implemented wholly and accurately.
- Product Management
- Content Management is responsible for the organization of index and ETF data sets, ensuring each instrument is assigned to the proper data provider and issuer as needed. Each data set should be organized in a manner that is aligned to the respective data provider's access model, requiring research and coordination with external stake holders.
- Responsible for raising new functionality requests, as they relate to restriction models of the organization of data, through JIRAs and in coordination with development team. All new functionality requests will need to be tested, documented and implemented under the supervision of the Content Management team to ensure the request was fully understood and able to be met.
- Internal Escalation Point for Access Queries
- Work across client services, operations and business development teams to assist with any questions as it relates to where data originates from or contact with one of DeltaOne's data partners.
- Content Management will contribute to the Business Development function by monitoring any client trials, ensuring new opportunities are being successfully closed, and identifying opportunities for upselling into existing clients, through additional content or new product offerings.
- Familiar with Fundamentals of Financial Data
The subject matter supported by the Content Management team centers on financial instruments, primarily ETFs and the components that are held by these tradeable instruments as well as Financial Indices that track financial markets and are used as the basis for creating various financial products. An introductory understanding of financial markets and passive investment vehicles is a requirement.
The Content Management function requires an agile person able to multi-task and pivot to a new task as questions and escalations are raised. There is no roadmap of daily tasks and so it is important to self-manage and hold oneself accountable to tasks at hand. There will be tasks that require detective-like work requiring one to employ all efforts in identifying a piece of information e.g. who is the ultimate source of a given data set.
Much of Content Management's responsibility revolves around communication and documentation - ensuring that information is shared widely to any relevant stake-holder - and requires a clear, concise, organized message to be made whether it be through email or documentation on confluence.
As there are often many tasks in the air at once it is critical that statuses and action points are managed appropriately and able to be shared across the team.
As Content Management is an escalation point for many internal teams as well as external parties it is important to act as the expert in a respectful manner. This is the team that should be seen as friendly and always willing to help individuals achieve success in their roles - the more success each individual and teams have the more success will be realized across the business.
- Familiar with Relational Databases and Programming Languages
Content Management must be familiar with the management of data within relational databases. Programming languages such as SQL are advantageous to write data extraction queries. Exposure to Python or other scripting languages is another trait that is not mandatory but appreciated.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.