- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Product Manager-Machine Learning Financial Products
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Associate Director - Strategy, is a member of the Emerging Business Unit (EBU). This is a newly formed, highly visible team that is key to Moody's Analytics' (MA) long-term growth strategy that will lead our efforts to better understand and adapt to an environment characterized by widespread, technology-driven change. The EBU is charged with supporting innovation within our existing LOBs, developing opportunities in the "whitespace", enhancing our innovation process and understanding customers' technology preferences.
The Associate Director - Strategy is primarily responsible for the strategy, planning, and launch of machine learning financial products. This individual will work with financial data experts, business analysts, designers, developers, machine learning engineers, sales teams and marketers to bring products to future and current customers. This role will demonstrate initiative and an interest in emerging technologies. This individual will have regular interaction with MA's senior leadership teams and the broader MA organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Functional Lead for multiple small projects/one large project with support from more senior members of the team
- Elicit business and technical requirements from stakeholders with appropriate prioritization and dependencies identified
- Support and participate in user testing; participate in validation sessions
- Plan and execute product demonstrations with current and future customers
- Participate in the relevant Agile activities around planning, grooming, elaboration, and acceptance; coordinate closely with user experience and technical teams
- Manage and execute user acceptance plans with customers
- Respond to technical and functional product questions raised by stakeholders and customers
- Assist with pre- and post- sales support
- Go-to-market planning for product launches and releases
- Analyze and keep abreast of key technology developments and the competitive landscape affecting MA's customers and MA offerings to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Implement and execute the strategies in coordination with various internal departments as well as external vendors
- Support the development of detailed business cases for new initiatives that includes global demand forecasts, competitive analysis, investment analysis and financial projections.
The EBU is charged with supporting innovation within our existing LOBs, developing opportunities in the "whitespace", enhancing our innovation process and understanding customers' technology preferences.
- 5-7 years of experience in a product management, strategy, consulting, or similar role; preferably within the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts; p revious experience with financial data sets and modelling preferred
- Interest in emerging technologies; domain knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including very good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
- Thorough understanding of global capital/credit markets, including deep knowledge of markets, products and trends from a strategy, planning and product development perspective
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Strong time and project management ability and demonstrated experience as a self-starter
- Ability to work on multi-disciplinary project working groups
- Minimum bachelor's degree; Master's degree and/or relevant certifications a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office technologies (expert level in Excel and powerpoint)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.