Product Manager- Insurance
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Oct 18
Product Manager- Insurance
The Role: Product Manager-Insurance
The Location: NYC / Charlottesville, VA / Richmond, VA
The Team: We provide solutions to our clients that are critical to help them meet the demands of today's ever-changing environment always focusing on our core values of Integrity, Excellence, and Relevance in everything we do. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere that promotes an entrepreneurial spirit where we cultivate ownership and create a culture of accountability.
The Impact: You will be a key contributor to the Insurance Product Management team. You will be joining a global team of experienced professionals interacting regularly with various teams across our organization, including technology, sales, relationship management, research, and development. You will directly contribute to the successful design, development and go-to-market of solutions that solve for the needs of our clients, ultimately driving our company growth and the efficiency.
What's in it for you: You will be supporting the growth of revenues and usage, increasing market penetration, maintaining client retention rates, and managing multiple banking-focused products. You will interact with multiple partners and stakeholders in a wide range of locations. This will allow you develop key skills such as stakeholder management, project management, communications and time management. It is a great opportunity for a pro-active self-starter to join a strong global team, grow professionally and have a genuine impact on our clients and business.
- Generate ideas for new products or enhancements and develop the related business cases and project submissions. Work with client feedback to define functional requirements & wire frames for developing the product and content.
- Be the 'go-to' subject matter expert for commercial teams (and others) for product / workflow understanding relating to underwriting, investment and other business unit activities
- Work collaboratively with various internal departments to deliver upon product releases, develop effective marketing tactics, training materials, and commercial education.
- Perform product testing to ensure all released solutions meet our high quality standards
- Create internal training materials and programs to maximize the effectiveness of the product launch.
- Become an internal evangelist for the solutions, develop thought leadership capabilities.
- Conduct market, company and competitor research.
- Develop management information including user and usage reporting, salesforce analytics and other to support the business needs
- Assist relationship managers, new sales and client support with product demonstrations and product/workflow understanding
- Create a strategy around ESG and Cyber risk within the insurance segment
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in finance, data vendor, analytics firm, product management, or related role.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or equivalent preferred.
- Strong comfort level speaking directly with clients and a willingness to travel to client sites in the U.S. and occasionally globally.
- Ability to craft and implement a business plan and product roadmap.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with the existing MI product suite - especially desktop and enterprise (e.g. MI platform, CIQ, XF etc.)
- Strong technical skills preferred - Microsoft Word, PPT, Excel knowledge, and Salesforce.
- Basic knowledge of the Business Development Life Cycle and Agile software development is beneficial.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.