Product Manager – Data Platform
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
Product Manager – Data Platform
Do you have strong product instinct and an appreciation for data-centric cloud-based products? Are you passionate about data and how it can be used in investing? We are looking for people like you who can help us:
• Define the product vision and roadmap for processing data pipelines using native cloud technologies
• Interview global users and main stakeholders to collect requirements and vet design ideas
• Manage the full product life-cycle from requirements gathering, design through development and rollout
• Own product requirements backlog and prioritize execution across IT teams
• Regularly communicate progress, key results and KPIs to internal stakeholders
• Stay on-top of technology trends, evaluate opportunities and enhance the product vision
Evidence Lab is one of the most innovative and highly regarded teams in UBS Investment Bank. We thrive on innovation and work as a startup within a well-established and well-funded investment bank. We specialize in various analytical techniques including web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and data science. You will be joining a team of Product Managers and Business Analysts that sit within Evidence Lab that are helping to scale and grow the business. You can learn more about Evidence Lab here.
Your experience and skills
• A degree in Computer Science, CIS / MIS, or related engineering or technical fields
• 3+ years in product management in the alternative data space (e.g. web mining)
• Experience working with external data vendors through direct integration
• Experience with SQL and data visualization/analysis tools (such as Tableau)
• Experience with in cloud and distributed computing frameworks
• Ready to join a fast growing team in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Relentless in pursuing new ideas and self-improvement
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload
• A team player willing to learn / share solutions and best practices from your colleagues
• Performance and detail oriented, with strong analytical skills
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?