Product Manager - Machine Learning
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Your Impact
We are looking for an experienced product manager to lead our machine learning platform at Goldman Sachs, maintaining close relationships with our users and other research, design and engineering teams working on machine learning solutions. Machine learning is evolving very quickly and the machine learning platform is expected to enable that future, so the product manager is expected to have experience in machine learning, and to be more forward-looking than our customers, and will relentlessly find practical paths to the future rather than accept status quo.
Our #1 business principle is "Our clients' interests always come first. Our experience shows that if we serve our clients well, our own success will follow". Every customer is given maximum attention to understand their needs. We adopt the most appropriate approach to drive the business of the customer or institution towards the desired growth. We now want to apply the same approach to the way we build products and deliver a customer-centric, world class machine learning platform. How will you fulfill your potential?
You will be an experienced and seasoned product manager, working cross-functionally to guide products from conception through launch, growth and maturity by connecting the technical and business worlds to meet our customers at their needs. You will break down complex problems into steps that drive product development and release adopting the principals of growth from MVP.
You will work closely with creatives and researchers through our design teams and are fortunate to have many experienced machine learning and fintech engineers to help architect and develop the machine learning platform. You will be responsible for guiding the machine learning platform throughout all stages of the its lifecycle, including research, pitching, scoping, delivering, promoting, and tailoring solutions to our clients. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience building/shipping technical products
- 5 years of technical product management experience, including experience driving the product vision, design, and go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning domain
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and technical architectures to all stakeholders
- Demonstrated success collaborating with design and engineering peers to lead a product development team
- Demonstrated experience or strong interest in product managing a platform product
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Knowledge and keen enthusiasm on current trends in machine learning techniques (e.g., new ways of neural architecture search) as well as machine learning technology
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, user experience, user research, sales, trading, treasury, customer support or marketing
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without direct authority
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity