Product Manager - Scaling Systems
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business we're all about capturing, analyzing, and enriching data that our customers depend on.
Our team is on the front line. We work hard to build the preeminent platforms for investment research and market data distribution - connecting thousands of content providers with hundreds of thousands of clients. We work with experienced engineering teams, content specialists, support, and sales to build new technologies that offer our data providers intelligent means to distribute high quality content to our mutual clients.
We're looking for a Product Manager to define how we scale our internal content management tools in the face of an increasingly complex marketplace with ever-higher content quality expectations.
You understand what moves markets and makes the news in order to anticipate the ever-changing needs of investors all over the world. You are passionate about building systems that improve client content at global scale. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know-how to leverage technology to create meaningful and efficient solutions for users. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Develop and drive a strategic vision for where Global Data must invest to continue scaling its content management capabilities - to ultimately drive up client usage/retention and drive down maintenance cost
- Effectively manage product vision, measurement/reporting, prioritization, and backlog
- Lead cross-functional efforts to ensure Bloomberg is aligned with our data providers and remains a source of reliable and quality information
- Continually address business needs through an agile process
- Clearly communicate product vision, execution plan, and development status with key team members
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and able to shift priorities quickly when needed
- Follow technology trends and developments in the data, product management, and securities research space
Does this sound like you?
- 2 to 3 years Product Management experience
- A Bachelor's degree or similar practical experience
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills (in particular, experience analyzing operational/usage data and finding opportunities)
- Experience setting and executing against product metrics/OKRs
- Outstanding customer service, negotiation, and relationship management skills
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile methodology
- Interest in financial markets
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.