Product Manager, Energy
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Oct 18
Product Manager, Energy
The Role: We are seeking a Product Manager for our Commodities team focusing on Energy. We deliver in-depth analysis and proprietary data in the Commodities space. You are responsible for contributing to maintain and build out our Energy product offering. You will be a leader in the design and execution of tools, templates, and analysis while working in tandem with clients, prospects, and industry experts.
The Location: New York, New York or Boulder, Colorado
The Impact: This role is key to ensuring the successful commercialization and adoption of our product development globally, ensuring that our best-in-class story is told and understood in the marketplace.
What's In It For You: You will work with individuals who have a track record of building and growing sustained business lines. Work together with a team of people who prize entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and execution to achieve common goals. It is an opportunity to work with both the Product team as well as the dedicated Energy Scrum team in an agile based environment.
The Team: The position resides within the Commodities product management team. The members of your extended global team will include people from technology, sales and account management, client support, marketing, research, as well as many other product and platforms team
Our Hiring Manager Says: This person would have strong project management skills, a commercial inclination and enjoy getting out into the marketplace to tell the story of our Commodities solution. I am looking for someone who is influential with the ability to take ownership in this role and guide a cross functional team to support our strategic efforts. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on experience and contact with customers and prospects. Your ability to lead in a collaborative manner by working with internal and external partners will be key in the role.
- Work with the development (technology) scrum team to progress product development in an agile based environment
- Synthesize ideas from internal business leaders, customer usability studies, end user feedback and competitive/market intelligence and craft them into powerful platform improvements with a focus on return-on-investment
- Providing high-level analytical expertise to S&P clients and internal Sales and Project Development teams
- Increase market penetration through on-site visits with clients and prospects
- Influence product development by providing feedback to business managers on use demand, market practices and product enhancements
- Building consensus and justifying product recommendations in terms of client workflow/need, usability, intuitiveness, consistency, and business goals
- Developing and executing on go-to-market strategies for product rollout/launch
- Willingness to embrace the Business Development Work Cycle (BDLC) which includes working towards attaining certification level 1
- Identify multiple avenues for market development, including marketing channels, speaking engagements, partnerships
- Product Management knowledge, specifically in the Commodities industry, is preferred
- A bachelor's degree is required; preferred areas include: Economics/Finance/Business/Environment
- Experience in UAT and working directly with client queries
- Basic understanding of the Energy industry (Power and/or oil & gas) and industry news/research
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong prioritization, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills are required
- History of teamwork and confirmed ability to deliver results
- Work within a group, and to collect and interpret partner feedback
- Knowledge of agile/scrum and working on a scrum (agile)
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial, industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.