Product Manager, Insurance N.A. Segment
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Product Manager, Insurance N.A. Segment Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 The Location:
Charlottesville, Richmond and New York The Team:
We provide solutions to our clients that are critical to help them meet the demands of today's ever-changing environment always focusing on our core values of Integrity, Excellence, and Relevance in everything we do. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere that promotes an entrepreneurial spirit where we cultivate ownership and create a culture of accountability.
The Segment management team are the owners of the multiyear business plan and book of business for the Commercial banking segment. Focused on turning products into solutions our aim is to ensure better engagement when working with clients by adding a workflow specific lens to our offering. The Impact:
You will be a key contributor to the FI Corporates Segment team, specifically the North America Insurance team. You will be joining a global team of experienced professionals interacting regularly with various teams across our organization, including technology, sales, relationship management, research, and development. You will directly contribute to the successful execution of the ongoing product development and go-to-market strategies of solutions that solve for the needs of our clients, ultimately driving our company growth and efficiency. The Career Opportunity:
You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of activities focused on accelerating revenues and usage, increasing market penetration, maintaining client retention rates, and ultimately growing our solutions footprint. You will interact with multiple partners and stakeholders in a wide range of locations. This will allow you to develop key skills such as stakeholder management, project management, communications and time management. It is a great opportunity for a pro-active self-starter to join a strong global team, grow professionally and have a genuine impact on our clients and business. You Will:
Responsibilities: What We're Looking For:
- Have a strong interest and subject matter expertise in the insurance sector, a knowledge of related workflows and a genuine passion for creating customer-centric solutions
- Support the ongoing go to market strategy and aid in the collection of intelligence that will influence the product roadmap
- Build a reputation as a subject matter expert in the tools, data and use cases for the Insurance segment
- Be comfortable talking to clients to discuss their needs
- Have strong attention to detail along with an entrepreneurial and creative spirit
- Work closely with the commercial teams
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Leverage client feedback to work act as the voice of the customer when to define functional requirements for developing the product and content.
- Work with Regional segment leadership to deliver presentations and help lead GTM initiatives
- Be the 'go-to' subject matter expert for commercial teams (and others) for product /workflow understanding
- Uncover new opportunities to unlock content and analytical assets from across the wider organization (and the external market) for client benefit.
- Work collaboratively with various internal departments to deliver upon product releases, develop effective marketing tactics, training materials, and commercial education.
- Perform product testing to ensure all released solutions meet our high quality standards
- Create internal training materials and programs to maximize the effectiveness of the product launch.
- Monitor client user and usage metrics
- Conduct market, company, and competitor research.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $91,500 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
264681 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States