Product Manager Lead, Private Markets
The Private Markets group, underneath the Financial Services umbrella, is redefining portfolio monitoring for investment managers of various alternative strategies: private equity, private credit, venture capital, limited partner, and real estate. In today's business environment the ability to leverage data when making an investment and holding decisions is no longer optional. Our products and data services enable these firms to aggregate information from disparate sources, interact with it, analyze the results, and share those insights to drive decisions both internally and externally.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced product manager to join the Private Markets product team in a leadership role on Day 1, and build his or her career within a fast-growing, global financial technology organization. What's in it for you:
You will be working with a team of individuals who are curious, collaborative, and critical thinkers. You'll get to work as the lead of a team consisting of product analysts, engineers, designers and client-facing teams who are all working to redefine how private capital market participants receive and analyze information about their investments. You'll have plenty of opportunity to identify and define problems, take ownership over solutions, and solve complex problems from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives.
The Private Markets product team has a start-up mentality. You will be given an opportunity to execute on a vision and make a noticeable contribution to the business's success. You will work on modern technologies: cloud-based data platforms, machine learning algorithms, AI-powered systems and automated workflows. What you'll work on:
As a Product Manager, you will align yourself to know what delivers value to our clients and users when they access the software and data that the Private Markets group offers. You'll understand the end-users' needs inside and out, the comparative importance of those needs, and the dependencies that exist between those needs. Using this knowledge, you will:
Who you are:
- Own a roadmap. Define a vision 6-12 months out based on a deep understanding of the vision, client data and the marketplace
- Define and prioritize work. Collaborate with senior business leaders and other internal stakeholders to balance the art and the science of feature prioritization. Use a data-driven approach to make decisions and fail fast when necessary
- Support cross-functional teams. Work closely with Engineering, Testing, User Experience, Marketing, Implementation, and Sales to advise, guide, and support these teams, to drive maximum business impact
- Lead and coach an agile development team. Oversee one or more scrum teams, driving the team and yourself to continuously inspect, adapt, and improve in your collective ability to meet a high standard of delivery and quality
What we look for:
- A leader. You have a bias toward action and you act on your great ideas. You are someone who sees solutions in problems and you do something about it without being asked. You can coach others and bring the most out of junior colleagues
- Quick learner. You understand that success comes from asking the right questions and coming prepared
- Great communicator. You understand the difference between high and low-touch communication methods and when to use both. You can place yourself in our client's shoes and relay their needs. You are someone who can communicate clearly and effectively to get your ideas across (both on a video call and in writing). You are someone who can inspire a team to turn your ideas into reality
- Creative. You are an out-of-the-box thinker to drive new ideas and ways of solving problems
- Independent Thinker. You have a willingness to defend your ideas and the wisdom to recognize a better one; someone who is not affected by strong opinions, only swayed by good ideas
- Enthusiastic. You are a team player who brings a sense of positive energy and inspiration to everything you do
What is life like at IHS Markit
- 5-10 years of total experience; at least 4 years of experience specifically in product management roles
- Experience working with or analyzing large data sets and technologies that analyze, deliver and master data
- Evidence of management and leadership skills
- Evidence of thriving in a challenging, fast-paced, client-facing environment
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree required
- Some familiarity with financial services industry or finance and accounting
Globally, IHS Markit is focused on providing growth and learning opportunities to its employees. This means taking an active interest in the growth and development of your career. Whether it's access to e-learning services, mentors, or a manager who takes an active interest in your career, our goal is to ensure that your contributions to our business are aligned with your own career ambitions.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.