Product Manager (Remote)
At IHS Markit, we're changing the way the world interacts with information. Our dynamic team consists of more than 15,000 analysts, data scientists, industry experts, and software developers serving 80% of the Fortune Global 500. Our Engineering and Product Design business line is the leading provider of electronic parts information used by engineering professionals and businesses that supports part selection, electronics design, supply chain management and product life cycle workflows. To help us continue to grow our solutions, we are searching for an experienced product manager to lead our solutions team.
Based in the USA, an ideal candidate will have product leadership experience with creating and delivering solutions that support electronics design or the electronics supply chain industries. You must have expert knowledge of components used in electronic circuits, component and product life cycle issues, environmental and export compliance challenges, bill of materials analysis, and part selection. You should also have a proven track record of creating meaningful solutions for engineers that design and manufacturer products. Additionally, you will have experience working with diverse cross-functional teams that have designed and built web based or Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions from product conception through release.
As a principal product manager, you are the product expert with a deep understanding of the real value your products provide in practice. You consistently engage customer facing resources with probing questions so that you can gain insights and empathize with customers. You vet and respond to ideas with urgency. You collect data from multiple areas and use that information to prioritize product roadmap choices. You will work closely with product owners to define development requirements and track progress closely. Responsibilities
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Identify key needs of customers and perform the appropriate market research to identify new opportunities and obtain market validation.
- Work closely with Sales, Subject Matter Experts, and Customer Care to understand customer usage and challenges.
- Apply your creativity, market insights and product expertise to documenting high level requirements and overseeing the design and acceptance of product enhancements, new features and new products.
- Communicate with all stakeholders to manage expectations, coordinate product release planning, and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Management of product roadmaps by identifying and prioritizing new features, usability improvements, new content, and new capabilities that align with business objectives and customer experience.
- Lead the development and execution of go-to-market strategy for new product launches or major product enhancements. This includes collaborating with sales and marketing on pricing, positioning and messaging.
What We Offer
- 6 years of domain experience in the electronics industry, design and/or supply chain.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, technology, or related areas.
- Expertise in managing both web based and SaaS solutions.
- Agile Product Management certification or proven experience working with Product Owners, Software Development teams, and other stakeholders.
- Expertise in product management and marketing along with strong project management skills.
- Ability to understand, prioritize, and generalize requests from customers that ultimately can be turned into product features that positively impact the majority of users.
- Results oriented with a track record for exceeding expectations and delighting customers.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Pendo a plus.
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role would be between $91,080 and $115,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
#remoteInclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.