Product Manager of Events and Filings
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Feb 19
Product Manager of Events and Filings
The Role: The Product Manager plays a key role on the Events and Filings team. This person contributes to the vision of the product and executes plans in alignment with the overall strategic direction of S&P Global Market Intelligence. This role works directly with the Senior Product Manager of Events & Filings and Segment Product Managers to develop business and technical requirements, translate those requirements to the development teams, handle the release of product enhancements and drive adoption of the associated workflows.
Grade: (for internal use only): G10
The Location: New York City, NY
This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
- Collaborate with sales and account management to engage clients through surveys, virtual sessions, and in-person meetings to understand workflows. Design solutions that drive performance value
- Align closely with product leadership in events and filings, as well as content data stewards in events, filings, key developments, transcripts, and investor presentations to understand how internal tools and workflows translate into client-facing products
- Set development priorities directing Agile SCRUM teams; including writing user stories, clarifying business requirements, maintaining the product backlog, and owning the iterative design and development process through launch
- Convene partners as necessary to ensure alignment and make on-the-spot decisions and recommendations using project goals and strategy
- Collaborate with business unit leads, content, marketing, account management, sales, and client support on launch plans, training, product positioning, and performance tracking
- Prioritize projects and deliverables for the Agile SCRUM team
- Write user stories; clarify business requirements with internal partners
- Maintain and prioritize the maintenance backlog ensuring alignment with key team members
- Support product release efforts by testing improvements and building release documentation
- Report team, project, and release health weekly to product senior leadership
- Reporting, usage, and data analysis on filings, documents, events, key developments, transcripts, and investor presentations
- Prepare materials for monthly company filings and event-driven data product reviews
- Facilitate improvements to usage reporting for improved analytics and forecasting
- Ad hoc reporting requests from internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with sales, account management and marketing on strategies to drive client adoption
- Demonstrate expertise in product features, delivery systems, and value proposition
- Maintain a list of suggested product enhancements; aggregate client feedback
- Oversee with internal groups to resolve issues in client-facing products
- Resourcefulness: You have the ability to handle multiple projects at same time. Success working in a matrix environment
- Technical: You have strong PowerPoint and Excel skills. If you're familiar with SQL, that's a plus
- Project Management: Strong project management skills required, including ability to draft work plans, identify key deliverables and dependencies, and track progress. Experience working with project tracking tools such as Visual Studio or TFS a plus
- Analytical: Strong analytical aptitude with ability to analyze large amounts of data, draw key insights, and articulate how they inform your planning process; Rational thinker and data-informed decision maker
- Customer oriented: Experience and comfort working directly with clients and third parties to advance our efforts and solicit feedback
- Communication: Comfortable presenting in person. Ability to communicate business requirements to technical teams and vice versa. Attention to detail in every aspect of work output
- Self-Starter: Curiosity and drive to improve upon the status quo. Confidence to ask questions and learn new things
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or an equivalent and / or combination of experience
- At least 2 years' experience in product management or project management focused on digital products
- At least 1 year experience in a financial data / digital media / publishing environment
- Previous experience as the product owner of an Agile SCRUM team a plus
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.