At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Product Owners at Fitch are responsible for being the voice of the customer, and understanding the solutions that will benefit them and the value those solutions have relative to each other. They are skilled at defining product roadmaps, and breaking them in to smaller prioritized components that enable frequent delivery of value. Product Owners champion a test and learn approach, and are willing to test ideas early rather than waiting to release ideas over time. They use refined communication skills to articulate their value, gather and provide feedback. They are responsible for delivery of the desired outcomes.
Who we are looking for:
To improve our ability to develop first class applications and data that can be used by Fitch analysts to conduct their analytical work in a more efficient way, while protecting quality and integrity of the rating process, we are looking for a Product Owner to work collaboratively with a squad focused on analytical groups outcomes for internal use.
You are an energetic product development leader who is passionate about using your market knowledge, business acumen and communication skills to translate vision to tangible value. You are enthusiastic about engaging with customers, stakeholders and teams to understand business challenges, develop creative and innovative solutions, and bring them to market. You have a collaborative and customer first mind-set and are comfortable working in an emergent Agile environment with colleagues at varying levels of Agile experience.
• Defines overall strategy and direction of the products based on understanding of organizational goals and analytical groups needs
• Manages the value identification and realization for the product
• Owns the backlog, feature prioritization, roadmap and the MVP
• Communicates with stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of the roadmap and progress towards the roadmap
• Engages with customers to gain a clear view on priority of customer needs
• Works to identify and prioritize features to meet needs of the customer
• Ensures organizational alignment with stakeholders -communicates stakeholder needs with a clear vision and sprint goals, user stories and backlogs
• Leads Agile squad to define and align Sprint goals to ensure "ready" user stories; supports the squad to deliver on Sprint commitments
• Works closely with the squad to provide timely feedback and answers to their questions; ultimately accepts or rejects the product increments of the Sprint
• Agile practitioner capabilities & experience working with or in Agile teams
• Relevant industry or functional experience depending on the product, and/or good understanding of analytical group process and needs would be a plus
• Proven track record of delivering data driven solutions with a customer first mindset
• Ability to see the business as a customer and translate requirements into technical and data solutions
• Ability to create and maintain a backlog and roadmap, and to prioritize that backlog based on business value and technical feasibility
• Rigorous organizational skills , to be able to create and maintain a backlog and roadmap,
• Focus on value for the business and technical feasibility (with support of the squad members) to properly prioritize that backlog
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt communication to audience - that will range from senior management, key stakeholders in analytical groups, to technical specialists in the squad
• Ability to work to get things done in a matrixed organization.
• Certified Product Owner (CSPO) a plus
• Candidates with limited experience of Agile, but with right skills and knowledge of rating agencies and analytical process will also be considered
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.