Product Owner - Fitch Ratings Data & Research
Fitch Solutions is looking for a leader to product own the Fitch Ratings Data & Research product line. In this role, you will be partnering with the head of the Fitch Ratings Data & Research business to identify growth opportunities and then spearhead the vision, execution, support, and launch of products with the product development team within an Agile software development framework.
Reporting to the Head of Product Management, the Product Owner will be a highly motivated and collaborative candidate to drive exceptional product management principles across the organization. You must aspire to build a great, modern customer experience that prioritizes both functionality and usability. You will interact with our clients to understand their challenges and be the voice of the customer with the technology and service teams.
The Fitch Ratings Data & Research business is aimed at driving growth for the product portfolio of Fitch Ratings credit research and credit ratings data. As the product owner, you will be responsible for increasing value to the business through new product launches along with enhancements and support of existing products through the Fitch Connect platform. Fitch Connect is an innovative, robust and comprehensive platform serving the workflow needs of credit and macro professionals globally. Collaboratively working with other product owners across the Product Management team, you will be executing on the overall Fitch Connect product vision set out by the Head of Product Management. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Fitch Ratings Data & Research business and Product Management team to identify, specify, and prioritize features and capabilities through direct input from clients, market intelligence, developers and your knowledge of the domain.
- Lead the vision and roadmap of the Fitch Ratings Data & Research product portfolio, driving buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Build and prioritize the product backlog of initiatives, epics, and user stories as an Agile Product Owner and lead the technology teams through scrum ceremonies.
- Leverage usage analytics and other data to drive prioritization and other product decisions.
- Effectively communicate the health of the product portfolio to key stakeholders including head of the Fitch Ratings Data & Research business, Head of Product Management, Sales Management, and Customer Success Teams.
- Provide superior service to our clients via product documentation, product training, and sales support activities.
- Be the product champion externally and passionate voice of the customer internally.
- Promote collaboration and comradery within the product team and across the organization.
- Collaborate across the Product team to drive a unified user experience across the Fitch Connect platform and delivery channels of Web, Add-ins, API, and Feeds.
- 10+ years' experience in product management or software engineering required.
- Experience with credit rating agencies or expert knowledge of credit analysis is required.
- Demonstrates passionate and flexible work ethic.
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, organization, verbal and written skills.
- Fast learner, detail oriented and must enjoy fast-paced work environments.
- Experience working with clients and participating in customer-facing situations.
- Experience with agile software development and the role and responsibilities of a Scrum Product Owner is desirable.
- Experience with information service technologies such as REST APIs, or SaaS is desirable.
- Approaches problems pragmatically with a focus on delivering high-quality products.
- Able to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and deliver results.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .