Production Operations Associate
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence an academic—all combined with a passion for public service. What we do:
The Financial Services Group provides banking services to the U.S. government, banks and other financial institutions. Within this group, there are two primary businesses: Wholesale Product Office and Cash Function.
The Wholesale Product Office (WPO) operates a critical financial services business on behalf of the Federal Reserve System (FRS), and is responsible for the management, operation, support and development of wholesale services (Fedwire Funds Service, Fedwire Securities Service and National Settlement Service), which includes developing new services, service enhancements, and pricing models, and ensuring the technology used to deliver the wholesale services is secure, resilient, and satisfies business requirements. Wholesale services are systemically important financial market infrastructures (FMIs) and are central in supporting settlement for other systemically important private-sector FMIs. Its mission as a central bank-operated business, is to ensure financial stability, evolving supervisory landscape, and face the unique challenges akin to a private-sector business. The WPO carries out this mission through a team operated out of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY), and a network of critical Reserve Bank service providers.
The Production Operations area manages the 24/7 operation and administration of distributed payments systems supporting the WPO’s critical, high value, high availability Fedwire businesses. This team ensures that the wholesale services, and Account Balance Services applications are available according to requirements while providing premium customer service to the Federal Reserve System districts and other application users.
Reporting to the Production Operations Manager, you will work on the day shift in New York with one of the following scheduling options available:
- Monday – Thursday, and Saturday (8:00 AM – 4:30 PM), or
- Monday – Wednesday, and Saturday (7:00 AM – 5:30 PM)
You may be subject to periodic rotation to other day shifts as needed for operational coverage. Onboarding and training will be held in the NY location for 3-4 months. Once fully trained, telecommuting would be available during Depository Institution weekend testing events. Your role as Production Operations Associate:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Monitor Production Fedwire applications, and operating systems, to include the completion of daily checklists, supporting activities that are essential in meeting the Service availability target for customer processing
- Actively identify and resolve issues, share production operation activity, and escalate to senior management
- Assist with operational and contingency procedures for new and existing payment applications and environments, and help implement changes
- Draft technical test scripts for various application and contingency test activities
- Assist internal and external Fedwire customers with updates and inquiries
- Contribute to analysis and reporting on production problems and operational issues
- Assist with projects, work group initiatives, and developing user documentation
- Stay abreast with all Federal Reserve Bank policies and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of experience in distributed applications or high availability, mission critical businesses
- Knowledge of critical production environments and payment systems. Knowledge of Fedwire® business is highly desirable.
- Experience with distributed computer processes and environments. Knowledge of distributed components such as UNIX, SQL, and WebSphere is extremely desirable with capability and desire to expand expertise
- Proven ability to think clearly and act appropriately when confronted with critical production issues
- Experience interacting across all levels of staff and management, demonstrated by effective work, independently and with a team
The Federal Reserve Bank offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career. Some perks include: fully paid pension plan, 401(k) with a generous match, comprehensive insurance plans (medical, dental and vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA), commutation assistance, onsite wellness and fitness center, and more ! This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance. The screening is in areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and outreach to personal and professional references that you have provided during the pre-employment process. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.