Production Support Analyst
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- MThree Consulting
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
MThree Consulting provide high quality, cost effective and client focused IT and Financial Markets consultancy services worldwide. Since being formed in 2010 we have experienced rapid growth, becoming recognized as an important partner to our expanding client base. We believe in creating strong relationships that are built on quality of service, transparency and fulfilling our promises.
Our client's technology division is a highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating
environment where you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest
minds in the industry to solve complex technical challenges.
The Advisory and Corporate Tech (ACT) Production Management team is responsible for
application support, incorporating all facets of ITIL (incident, problem, change, event
management), and owning the production environment to ensure stability. This role provides
exposure to a wide range of cutting edge technologies including Cloud Based Computing, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service, Predictive Analytics engines, and the latest in mobile tech.
As a member of the ACT PM team we need you to bring your innovation, leadership skills and passion for technology to enable the team to operate more efficiently in this fast paced
environment, and to help us provide best in class Production Management services to the
firm’s clients across Business Units including IBD, GCM, Prime Brokerage, Fixed Income and Equities.
- Managing critical S1-S4 incidents and ensuring all key management and business stakeholders are kept up to date.
- Build extensive business and application knowledge required for supporting ACT applications.
- Ensure Production Management is embedded in the Software Development Life Cycle with internally developed apps, and with external vendors for bought apps, to ensure both are developed to meet production support standards.
- Interface with clients in the Business and other technology teams to provide governance and control on Production.
- Work with the engineering and development teams to create productionn support and operating procedures.
- Respond to high priority service requests, user issues and system generated alerts.
- Setting up application monitors using industry standard monitoring tools, as well as creating customized monitoring scripts.
- Coordinating recurring maintenance activities and large scale disaster recover events.
- Reviewing and approving production deployments in a timely manner while ensuring plant stability is maintained.
- Leveraging problem management procedures to ensure incident trends are identified, tracked and resolved in a timely manner.
- Identifying and owning the execution of post-mortem follow-up tasks in response to severe incidents.
- Application Development or Production Support experience.
- Ability to own and drive projects across multiple teams and organizations.
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and willingness to go above and beyond to support the business.
- Previous experience working for a financial services organization.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical employees.
- Crisis management skill set to run incident calls while under pressure.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Strong infrastructure knowledge in Linux / Unix, Windows, Databases (Sybase, DB2 & Oracle), Storage, Networking and Web Technologies.
- Experience with messaging middleware apps (mq) and job schedulers (autosys).
- ITIL Foundation or higher knowledge required.
- UNIX – Admin level knowledge required.
- UNIX Shell / Perl scripting experience required.
- SQL intermediate knowledge required.