Program Manager - Wholesale Credit Risk - C15
The Business Risk Sr Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business. Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of the WCR Initiative and Program deliverables in accordance with Citi project management and governance standards of practice. In particular, covering NTCR
- Provide governance, oversight and monitoring activities in accordance with the WCR initiative and processes specified by the PMO.
- Provide reporting or analyse data across key deliverables, including the identification and remediation of issues and CAPs.
- Monitor industry trends and articulate Citi's position to Senior Management. This includes providing ongoing updates to Chief Risk Officer's, Product Managers and Sr. Management related to Fraud trends, forecast, performance and opportunities.
- Identify new tools, vendors and capabilities to mitigate current fraud and anticipated changes/shifts in fraud tactics.
- Develop strategic vision for future management and mitigation of fraud to include re-engineering of work-streams, customer communication and detection capabilities.
- The position requires substantial interaction and collaboration with Policy, Operations, and other functional business partners to optimize Fraud needs
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years experience in financial services; experience leading analytical teams is required, including managerial experience
- Experience managing teams with broad accountability in a complex environment. Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional organization Ability to balance strategic priorities with tactical actions Proven track record and accountability in making quick decision that have an immediate impact on business financials .
- Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
The role will require developing a deep knowledge of the key regulations and rules applicable to non-traded Credit Risk (NTCR), how they are currently captured in the WCR framework, escalating and remediating issues within each ICG business.
It will require an understanding of key regulations applicable, related risks, controls and monitoring mechanisms, along with the identification, escalation and timely remediation of program gaps/issues. Global reporting and communication of project status and risks to appropriate senior business and project managers, project reviews / health checks of the book of work, will be required across all program deliverables to support execution in accordance with strict guidelines.
The role will need to become familiar with Citi PM Policies and Standards and ensure good program governance and execution. It will need to support the Program Director in the identifying and resolution of program risks/issues and ensure the timely delivery of program plans, resources and reporting across all ICG lines of business and wider stakeholders.
The candidate will be involved in analysing and providing project management deliverables and other information to support regulatory or audit reviews when applicable and have involvement, if not lead, post program reviews for key initiatives.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .