- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities: Moody's Operations, Data & Controls Global Project Management office is seeking a senior project manager to join their New York office. This role supports strategic cross-business projects that improve operational effectiveness, introduce/enhance technology, establish new business functions, introduce/extend products, and manage change for the MIS ratings business.
Purpose of Role:
- Project planning and project management
- Identify, assess, and recommend solutions to business problems and needs
- Ensure successful execution of projects that meet business objectives
- Effective stakeholder management
- Successful execution of project deliverables
- Attention to detail in deliverables and work products
Typical Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and manage detailed project plans and risks/issues/decisions logs and escalate to managers senior team members as appropriate; prepare project / workstream meeting agendas, document meeting outcomes and next steps
- Coordinate and collaborate with various functions, departments, and project teams across multiple, global locations to plan and execute strategic initiatives
- Lead meetings with key internal project team members, business stakeholders, and manage varying opinions on key subjects and decisions
- Prepare and present project status updates and senior management communications
- Independently identify risks/issues and recommend solutions
- Participate in ad-hoc analyses, presentations, and special projects as needed
- Identify and implement organizational and project management best practices
- Ensure effective change management strategy and execution
The Project Management Office (PMO) is part of the Operations, Data & Controls (ODC) function of Moody's Investors Service (MIS). The PMO works closely with partner groups including Ratings, Regional Management, Legal, Compliance, and Technology teams and is responsible for managing the planning, implementation and execution of key global, regulatory and strategic operating model initiatives.
- 3-6 years of project management work experience, preferably in strategy, consulting or project management within the financial services industry
- Self-starter who is motivated, organized, and can meet tight deadlines
- Ability to proactively create clarity where ambiguity exits
- Strong results orientation, with a focus on quality and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management and prioritization skills; ability to meet tight timeframes
- Strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills, risk management a plus
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations
- Strong MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint (Advanced or Expert level preferred), and project management software skills
- Good understanding of financial analysis & credit risk
- Business transformation and change management experience a plus
- College degree
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.