Fitch Ratings is hiring a Project Manager to support the Ratings Operations team. This role will be based in New York / London and report to the Head of the Operations Project Management Office
The Ratings Operations team has a number of exciting, transformational, and strategic initiatives related to Fitch's operational workflow, ratings applications / systems, and product development that will require detailed project management and oversight to ensure their success in an agile development (scrum methodology) framework
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, managing and coordinating all stages of his/ her project portfolio. The right individual will be execution-oriented, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Operations Senior Team, Information Technology Development Teams, Business Stakeholders, and other senior managers in the Ratings organization primarily in New York, Chicago, and London.
- Managing the outcomes of deliverables and the day to day execution of activities within different workstreams, ensuring the follow up of the defined project framework by leading teams of SMEs / IT professionals to define and deliver technology solutions based on business goals
- Potential to serve as a product owner within the Scrum methodology whilst receiving direction from Senior Stakeholders.
- Develop and monitor project plans against clear milestones and report statuses to PMO, Sponsors or stakeholders weekly
- Accountable for the identification, management and reporting of project risks and issues along with mitigation and/or workarounds. Escalating them (risks and issues), with mitigations to the PMO office and project sponsors when outside of agreed tolerances
- Responsible for delivery of all key milestones, to accepted levels and in line with forecasted indicators
- Develop an effective relationship with all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to identify deliverables' dependencies and challenges
- Tracking performance against objectives and ability to develop corrective strategies when objectives are not being met
- Resolving conflicting priorities in scope, schedule and cost for projects
- Managing the efforts of multiple project teams concurrently
- Ability to deliver presentations to senior-level management, if required
- Minimimum 5-8 years relevent experience ideally focused on Credit Rating Agencies, debt capital markets, and / or financial services.
- Experience with technology projects within complex, multi-faceted system environments
- Ability to plan and manage projects which span both business and IT disciplines
- Capable of defining project milestones even when not provided
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional team discussions
- Knowledge of methodologies (Agile, specifically the Scrum Framework) and project management frameworks (e.g. PMI, PRINCE)
- Knowledge and experience in project management responsibilities, use/ creation of project artefacts for,
- Status reporting and Risk ManagementChange management
- Tracking, allocating, analysing and reporting estimates and budget
- Communicating with project stakeholders, scrum masters and product owners
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .