Fitch Solutions is seeking a QA Engineer with three major characteristics: Technical Skills, Effective Communicator, Professional business acumen.
- API Test experience
- Python experience
- Some SQL or postgress experience with the ability to query databases
- Plus if they have NoSQL database experience (mongodb, etc.)
- Postgres knowledge
- Solid understanding of web technologies (HTTP, web services, fluent with html/css/js)
- Drupal experience a plus
- Understand JSON.
- Must be able to code for data testing.
- Develops executes test plans/suites/cases for complex financial platform.
- Must have a proven track record successfully delivering financial applications and have a strong sense of quality ownership.
- Strong experience with web application testing tools (prefer open source software such as Selenium.)
- Document and determine release readiness of products or features.
- Facilitate project problem solving and troubleshooting of quality issues. Oversee defect management.
- Create and execute test suites, scripts and cases.
- Reporting - testing progress, metrics, issues.
- Develop templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify the system meets business and user requirements.
- Bachelor's degree MIS, computer science, engineering, financial, other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1+ years Quality Assurance testing experience testing complex, critical financial applications a must
- Independently focus on multiple initiatives
- Customer focus is imperative.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries.
- Experience working in agile environment & testing financial services web applications.
- Experience using Agile toolsets: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket etc.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .