Brickendon Consulting has expertise in high level business and IT strategic transformation, to the implementation of trading software (vendor or bespoke), to risk and compliance functions, and always deliver quality solutions.
Managed as a European business, we operate a long-term relationship management approach to build a full understanding of their client’s strategic and technological roadmap.
Working directly for Brickendon, this role offers significant exposure to front office business users. It would also involve working closely with Brickendon Consultants on-site with this client (in other business areas). Some travel to other offices may be required on occasion. The successful candidate would be expected to co-ordinate with other technical resources in order to see project work through from inception to delivery.
There is a concerted programme underway within an Investment Banking client.
The successful candidate will join as a QA Manager to take a key role in delivering and managing a large scale programme for one of our tier 1 clients.
· Quality Assurance of the full systems development lifecycle (Requirements, design, code, testing and development)
· L2 Production Support for all applications and platforms in TF’s remit, ensuring agreed service levels are met within agreed budgets
· Developing and running a break test capability within TF, focusing on the legacy code base
· Within break testing, discovery, assessment and remediation of all potential future exposure on all Trading Functions
· Relationship management with third party providing break testing
· Gatekeeper for production stability
· Collaborate with other verticals to ensure high quality of product delivery
· Utilise support insight to improve the effectiveness of quality assurance and testing
· Define best practice QA in line with BP guidelines, driving continuous improvement activities to enhance service
· Build and maintain key application technical knowledge within L2 Support team
· Manage third party suppliers (e.g. Break testing and Managed Service Partners)
· Excellent track record as a QA Manager.
· Well organised, systematic individual who pays attention to detail whilst appreciating and shaping the bigger picture.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Full understanding of Software Development Lifecycle.
· Experience of managing offshore / global teams
· Experience of Commodities / Energy Trading highly desirable
· Appreciation of Agile methodologies / techniques