Quality Assurance Engineer - Enterprise Data (Consultant)
Every day, trillions of dollars pass through the Bloomberg Terminal. As a result, hundreds of thousands of financial professionals rely on our 500+ enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyze the markets.
As engineers, we're the ones who build the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. We connect supply and demand across all asset classes on worldwide exchanges. The applications and infrastructure we build embody the speed, agility and financial data that makes Bloomberg the go-to for financial professionals across the globe.
Bloomberg Enterprise Content data products drive the financial industry. Enterprise Content is used worldwide by thousands of our clients, and is a rapidly growing business that provides rich programmatic access to the best financial data and services in the industry. Our products span a wide variety of asset classes and data products including Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory and Reference data content sets ( https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/reference-data/ ). We build high-performance systems that feed billions of data points per day to our customers that include key financial players.
We interact very closely with our business and sales teams using agile and iterative development. We have many chances to create and develop innovative solutions to accomplish ever-growing customer requirements. We're continuing to grow rapidly, and have opportunities on the following team What's the role:
The Data License Team is looking for a Data Quality Control Engineer to participate in the testing effort of a critical project to improve content acquisition software. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for taking over the weekly software Quality Control process for one of the team's most critical applications with a goal of improving and automating this process.
We are looking for someone with programming/coding skills to help us develop QA tools and drive the automation of our testing efforts. This individual should be ambitious, creative, and flexible with excellent interpersonal skills, strong project management and the ability to balance multiple projects. We expect you to:
We will trust you to:
- Analyze test result reports of reference, pricing, and analytics data
- Build and maintain Python scripts to facilitate testing
- Learn and takeover the manual QC process
- Test the distributed Data License platform using the Python-based test framework
- Outline the test strategy for functional testing as well as data quality testing
- Build and execute tests consistent with those strategies
- Craft and conduct performance and load tests to ensure the Platform performs and scales appropriately
- Plan and conduct integration, system, regression, performance, functional and non-functional tests of Data License platform
You'll need to have:
- Identify risks to deliverables and escalate appropriately to key partners
- Get involved with projects outside your normal responsibilities, such as programming, coding, automation and training to ensure that you are as technically strong as you can be
- Produce high quality documentation of test execution
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience developing automation of QA functionality
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in Python
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX/Windows
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Exemplary presentation, training and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage projects to completion
If this sounds like you, apply!
- Experience with GitHub, Selenium, ROBOT
- Experience in C++, .Net, Java
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.