Quality Assurance Performance and Availability Engineering Manager
- Serve as the performance testing lead in the GCCS (Global Custody and Cash, a division of Asset Servicing Technology) testing group reporting to the overall Testing Manager, focusing on GCCS distributed applications.
- Sr. Specialist, Performance/Availability Engineer (formal title), Installs, manages, maintains and runs complex performance products as part of an end to end visibility strategy in various domains.
- Manage a small team responsible for the definition, planning and management of Performance and Availability Engineering efforts.
- Provide oversight of the following domains: performance testing, load testing, stress testing. Capacity testing is not within the scope of this team.
- Partner with application teams in the different stages of the lifecycle (development, test, staging, production operations, etc.) to coach and assist them in reducing mean time to resolution and improving system and application performance.
- Has broad and in-depth knowledge of performance best practices on various domains including applications, databases, networks, and monitoring strategies including synthetic, real user, network connections, systems, and Java /NET code.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement automated test tools and strategies.
- Collect and analyze network performance information required for simulation modeling studies.
- May provide performance engineering expertise in contributing to simulation modeling projects.
- Provide input to project plans and recommends process improvements.
- Monitor progress project and provides regular status reports to management team.
- Contribute to the achievement of GCCS objectives.
- Has experience working within an Agile environment.
- Has experience in Financial Services and/or Securities/Asset Servicing.
- Manages performance tests and the reporting of results. Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies. Manages processes for assisting application teams in reducing mean time to resolution and improving system and application performance proactively. Manages projects and directs procedures for building scalable test infrastructure to measure the performance of various domains including applications, databases and networks. Manages human capital resources and develops and monitors project plans and budgets.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight or more (8+) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: