Quality Assurance Specialist, Performance and Availability Engineer - Application Performance Testing
Who We Are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
- Installs, manages, maintains and runs moderately complex performance products and frameworks as part of an end to end visibility strategy in various domains. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project.
- Has broad knowledge of performance best practices on various domains including applications, databases, MQs, networks and monitoring strategies including synthetic, real user, network connections, systems, and Java /.NET code.
- Creates and executes complex performance tests and may lead the reporting of results.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
- Collects and analyzes network performance information required for simulation modeling studies.
- May provide performance engineering knowledge in contributing to simulation modeling projects.
- Develops detailed project plans.
- Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project.
- Plays a key role in mentoring, training and bridging the specific skill gaps across the Quality Engineering domain.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Expertise in performance testing tools such as JMeter and LoadRunner.
- Strong programming background in Java, Groovy, and TSL.
- Strong knowledge of application performance management and monitoring best practices and tools such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Prometheus, and CA SYSVIEW.
- Has experience working within an Agile environment.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302} Requisition Number: