We are looking for a Quality Control Analyst to join our Equity Research Department in the US. Ideally we are looking for an analyst based on the West Coast, or an analyst on the East Coast willing/able to work West Coast hours.
The successful candidate will have had a successful career in the financial world, including several years’ experience as a sell-side financial analyst. You are able to demonstrate a practical knowledge of accounting, possess the analytical skills to pick financial models apart and understand the valuation method appropriate to each circumstance. You also believe that the small print in an annual report is there for a reason. You are inquisitive and have the imagination necessary to dissect an argument. You are at ease with challenging other people, the fluency to present your argument and the humility to listen. You write clearly and succinctly. And it goes without saying that you like people!
At Exane BNP Paribas, the Quality Control Team, made of highly experienced analysts, has an integral role in ensuring the quality of Exane BNP Paribas Equity Research, also making sure it is fully compliant with all regulatory and compliance policies. Our Research Department is top rated in Europe and we are building up scale in the US. Our team of 100 analysts covers >750 stocks, of which 130 are US-listed. Our US Research Department is quickly expanding – we currently have 5 analysts sitting in our NY office.
- You will work with a team of eight Quality Control Analysts in an equity research department located in New-York, London and Paris.
- You will engage with research analysts to challenge their figures and arguments, review their financial models and read all their research publications before publication. You will also make sure their written work is fully compliant with FINRA regulations and Exane BNP Paribas policies.
- You will attend regular research review committee meetings before initiations of coverage or rating changes.
- You will work closely with research analysts on IPO projects, assisting them for the valuation work and the research report ahead of the pre-deal investor education (PDIE).
- You have several years of experience working as an Equity Research Analyst
- You have a deep understanding of equity research products.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills.
- You have a proven understanding of financial modelling and accounting principles.
- You have a confirmed ability to work in a time-sensitive environment.
- You can multi-task, with strong attention to detail.
- You possess excellent PC skills; advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint a requirement.
- You possess the Series 16
Ideally we are looking for an analyst based on the West Coast, or an analyst on the East Coast willing/able to work West Coast hours.