Does complex modeling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? Are you an expert analyst of trade and market data?
Do you have a keen understanding of the market micro-structure space? Are you able to proactively create solutions in response to continuous dynamic changes? We're looking for someone like that who will contribute to the Algorithmic Trading product.
- be a subject matter expert in the field of equities algorithmic trading, Americas market structure and transaction cost analysis
- serve as a team lead for junior quantitative analysts
- perform original research on market microstructure
- improve algorithmic strategy performance by developing new and improving existing models
- collaborate with other front office personnel and IT to improve algorithmic trading strategies
You'll be working in the Algorithmic Trading and Analytics group in New York.
We are a global team comprised of Quantitative Analysts, Financial Engineers, Traders and Technologists. Our role is to provide trading algorithms and execution consultancy for electronic trading of equities and other asset classes.
Our team is responsible for building algorithmic trading strategies, designing high performance quant trading models, research on market microstructure and helping optimize the trading performance across equities.
Your experience and skills
– M.S. or Ph.D. in finance, physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or related field. Ph.D. preferred
– experience designing and implementing mathematical models within real-time low-latency systems.
– a minimum of 5 years related Quantitative Analyst and/or product management experience
– Experience as a quant within equities trading environment
– strong core Java, KDB/Q, Python
– Experience working with large data sets
– Experience with pre-trade models and portfolio optimization
– highly proficient in statistical software packages for time-series analysis
– an expert in database design and comfortable building data access queries and tools.
– Hands-on and will not require assistance to collect and clean data, implement, evaluate, maintain and document your projects
– able to manage multiple projects
– an excellent communicator both written and oral
– able to work effectively on a trading floor, under pressure and deadlines
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.