A boutique quantitative macro hedge fund manager founded two years ago located in midtown Manhattan is seeking entry to mid-level quantitative analysts. The firm has the backing of renowned financial industry participants and is applying sophisticated quantitative methods to investing in global financial markets combining cutting-edge research, data science, and advanced technology.
The successful candidates will be important additions to the firm’s Investment team and will focus on the design, implementation, delivery and support of high-performance analytics frameworks and libraries. She/He will work on the evolution of the firm’s tools to enhance ease of integration of pricing and models, improve scalability and performance, and analyze a variety of data sets (traditional and alternative) with new techniques and tools. This will require the candidate to work closely with senior analysts and portfolio managers. The successful candidates will assist with the design, implementation and support of systematic investment and risk management strategies. Focus will be on the end-to-end analytics infrastructure aspects.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- MS or Ph.D. in a numerate subject (e.g. Applied Math, Physics, Computational Biology, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Excellent quantitative programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Extensive experience with the full cycle of data-related projects, from gathering, cleaning, analysis to result presentation.
- Strong quantitative problem-solving skills and experience applying them to model implementations
- Focus on functional and numerical testing through entire model development software cycle
- Self-motivated, pro-active, responsible and driven to deliver
- Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Implementing analytics frameworks
- Improving performance of Python applications; including performance profiling and parallel computing
- Working with tools for visualization
- Implementing, integrating, and deploying financial models end-to-end
- Knowledge of financial instruments (Futures, Options, Swaps etc.)
Please apply to email@example.com only if you meet the above criteria. In addition to a detailed CV, please include a statement introducing yourself, discuss your career objectives and explain why you believe you can thrive in a small and fast paced environment. All information received by the firm will be treated as highly confidential.