Quantitative Analytics Product Manager
The quant approach to investing is on the rise, again. This time round, the adoption of quant techniques, to find and bring investment ideas to market, is no longer the domain of the most sophisticated Hedge Funds. Big asset managers are also introducing these techniques to complement more traditional processes. This is an interesting time in finance, with more data available, more computing power and advanced techniques becoming accessible and familiar to a new generation of investors. You can join us at the forefront of this trend, by building the next-generation of client-facing languages and APIs to our content and analytics.
Our platform combines the best of open-source technologies, and the world's leading financial database and analytics service. You will enable our users to manipulate more data, more quickly, more intuitively. You will do this by leveraging your knowledge of client data and analytics workflows.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and collaborative group of people that work closely with the CTO office, Engineering, Quant and Client teams, on an exciting and high profile project. The team is located in London, NY and San Francisco. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Drive Bloomberg's Query Language and Data Integration product lifecycle, focusing on core and alternative content sets
- Articulate a clear strategic vision for the product, help with strategic planning, execution and implementation
- We will trust you to understand content sets in depth and their uses, so you can work with product teams on modelling them correctly for analytics
- Evolve Bloomberg's Query Language to accommodate new analytical use cases
- Deliver next-gen user interfaces to allow clients to navigate content and craft complex analytical queries
- Evangelize Bloomberg quant solutions and help grow the community
We'd love to see:
- Strong understanding of the Analyst and Quant workflow, especially as it relates to challenges with respect to data access and analytics
- Practical experience with modern languages like Python, R
- Ability to manage large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and dependencies on budget and delivered on time
- Ability to communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences both in verbal and written form
- Based in New York but successful candidate must be willing to travel (4-8 weeks per year)
- A willingness to explore new concepts and continuous learning
- Understanding of API design, financial symbology and metadata
- Knowledge of at least one non-trivial financial dataset, concepts, and its manipulation (e.g. point-in-time fundamentals, derivatives, capital structure)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.