Quantitative Business Analyst
Requires a high level of numeracy in the use of large financial data sets; analyzing the data to construct pro-forma index back tests, basket snap shots, constituent screening and helping governance in the writing of client owned index methodologies where we'd serve as the benchmark administrator. Writing initial draft methodologies for S&P customized indices will also be part of the responsibilities. The Team:
This role sits within the custom Product Management business services at S&P Dow Jones Indices, working with clients looking for a provider that can work with them to test their proprietary index strategies, providing analytics as well as implementation in a systematic manner, covering all capital markets - equities, fixed income, commodities, crypto and real estate. Internally the role serves as Custom PMs primary liaison with index governance. Accountabilities:
- With a focus on benchmark administration, consult on the implementation of client proprietary index methodologies and enhance the index design process for custom clients through the use of S&P DJI's existing index calculation and maintenance infrastructure.
- Back test various client strategies based on client specifications to help build custom indices to optimally meet client needs while following S&P DJI's policies and procedures.
- Through a collaborative approach with custom clients, memorialize the custom index methodology to reflect the client's specified constituent selection and weighting schemes, corporate action treatment and overall index calculations.
- Support in the implementation of indices across all asset classes using programs such as Excel (VBA) and python, industry software such as Factset, and internal systems
- Technical spokesperson for custom index calculation and maintenance concepts by working with index governance, attending client meetings and building awareness of our capabilities by messaging custom indexing internally and externally.
Our Hiring Manager says:
- Working within Custom Product management that manages the custom business at S&P Dow Jones Indices & Custom Index management and Production group responsible for the calculation and maintenance of client proprietary indices. Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The projects involve requirements gathering, data gathering, analytical thinking, index research and design, and documentation.
- Must be able to clearly communicate to a number of internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and update presentation slides, brochures, FAQ's and other written content
This role provides a great opportunity to learn the basics of indexing and product design and will provide a solid foundation to a career in this area of finance. The ideal candidate must be highly numerate, computer literate, thoughtful, self-motivator and have the enthusiasm and drive to learn. Moreover, the candidate must enjoy working collaboratively with the Custom team. Furthermore, given how complex and dynamic the industry is becoming the candidate will gain exposure to alternative data sets, sophisticated portfolio construction techniques, and a broad and robust range of quantitative methods in finance. Required Skills:
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Demonstrate an appreciation of asset classes and financial theories that underpin portfolio & index construction
- Knowledge of Python preferred
- Superior computer skills in Microsoft Excel. Ability to program in VBA
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Must be able to work independently and take the lead on multiple projects
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree. Advanced degree in computer science, math, engineering, economics, or finance strongly preferred
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
259541 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States