Are you interested in algorithmic trading?
Are you an innovative thinker and enjoy building tools?
We're looking for a software developer who can:
– help design and enhance trading algorithms for the equities business (and beyond)
– improve algorithmic trading platform
– fine tune trading strategies to address changing market regimes and client requirements
– analyze the way our clients trade to optimize their interactions with UBS
– work closely with Electronic Trading, Equity front office, and IT to deliver regional and global projects
You'll be working in the Algorithmic Trading and Analytics group in New York. We are a global team comprised of Quantitative Analysts, Financial Engineers, Traders and Technologists. Our role is to provide trading algorithms and execution consultancy for electronic trading of equities and other asset classes. Our team is responsible for building algorithmic trading strategies, designing high performance quant trading models, research on market microstructure and helping optimize the trading performance across equities.
Your experience and skills
– 5+ years experience in software development in core Java (J2SE)/C++ and Python
– Familiarity with KDB/Q
– Experience with scalable real-time systems utilizing large data sets in a production environment
– solid background in mathematics
– proficiency in development on Linux platforms
– expertise in modern software development practices
– hands-on experience with debugging, troubleshooting, software optimization, data structures, complexity, monitoring and improving system performance
– Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related field.
– Proficient in: core Java (J2SE)/C++
– Familiar with database design and comfortable building data access queries and tools. KDB/Q and Python a plus
– experienced in agile development practices
– effectively translate business requirements into sound technical solutions
– able to work effectively on a trading floor, under deadline pressures
– self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a team
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.