- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Strategy
- 18 Dec 17
Quantitative Research | Execution & TCA
- Location: New York, NY, USA
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
We are working with a large asset manager (>$1 trillion AUM) who are actively building their Equity Quantitative Analytics and Execution Research team. They are actively seeking a Quantitative Researcher to join the group.We are working with a large asset manager (>$1 trillion AUM) who are actively building their Equity Quantitative Analytics and Execution Research team. They are actively seeking a Quantitative Researcher to join the group.
This person will be embedded on an equity trading desk and be responsible for research to measure and reduce transaction costs for the desk. Staying knowledgeable about the markets, and prioritizing the desk’s research requests will also be important.
This team has a clear mission to grow and become a more integral part of the business moving forward. All early hires will have transparent opportunity to hire and grow their own desks in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and present results of Transaction Cost Analysis projects.
- Generate actionable research mandates with the rest of the TCA team.
- Interface with Traders on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge in the areas of equity microstructure and TCA.
- Provide thought leadership to drive research and technology agenda forward.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative subject matter
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Quantitative Equity Trading or Execution Research
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead and execute a medium and long-term research agenda.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.