Quantitative Risk Analyst - Equities
New York | Stamford
Systematic Investing | Risk Management
Point72 Asset Management is seeking a Quantitative Risk Analyst to join its Risk & Quantitative Research team.
The RQR team plays a vital role in the Firm's investment process, building a deeply rooted culture of efficient risk management and factful performance attribution. Quantitative Risk Analysts perform research to identify opportunities for improved risk management, investment behavior, and portfolio construction, with the goal of helping the firm deliver superior risk-adjusted performance. The paramount mission of the team is to protect the Firm from improper levels of exposure and ensure that risk-taking is always efficient and deliberate.
The ideal candidate is a smart and creative problem solver who can articulate one's ideas effectively to a diverse audience in a fast-paced environment. Experience in quantitative investment research is a plus. At this moment, we are specifically looking for a candidate who is well-versed in equities. Responsibilities
- Investigate portfolios and strategies to understand the drivers of performance and develop reports that summarize the risk profiles and facilitate efficient risk management as well as improve understanding of portfolio construction and investment behavior.
- Drive improvements in stress testing, Value at Risk and various limit frameworks around concentration and liquidity.
- Evaluate external-vendor risk models to adapt and improve them (for example, developing and adding custom factors to those models) and oversee the deployment of the models.
- Conduct research to develop innovative risk management approaches, tools, and analytics to help improve performance and better manage risk and deliver those research findings to senior management.
- Work with developers on the specification, design, and development of risk management and performance attribution infrastructure.
Most of the above tasks will require analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets, such as internal trade data, risk model data, fundamental data, and sentiment data and running simulations and backtests. Desirable Candidates
- Three or more years of experience in a quantitative research or risk management capacity covering equities investing
- Strong background in statistics, math, and econometrics
- Ability to manipulate and synthesize large data sets
- High level of proficiency in SQL and quantitative programming (Python, MATLAB, R)
- High-energy personality and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of drive - must be a self-starter
- Ability to recognize and seize opportunities
- Depth of skills enabling him/her to perform ad hoc projects and other special studies
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to senior management and portfolio managers
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards and to act with professionalism and integrity
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.