RBC Capital Markets Diversity & Inclusion Discovery Day 2020
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are core business drivers and values at RBC Capital Markets that enable our clients to thrive and our communities to prosper. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion where all employees have the opportunity to bring their best self and achieve their full potential. D&I Discovery Day focuses on providing summer internship opportunities across our financial and technical programs to top diverse talent to build upon our business and enrich our culture.
On Friday, April 3 2020, students will participate in a half-day program (1:00pm-4:00pm) led in partnership with RBC's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which include:
- RWomen, dedicated to the advancement of women
- PRIDE, supporting and connecting LGBT+ and Allies
- RBC Multicultural Employee Alliance (MEA), recognizing and promoting multicultural backgrounds
- RVets, supporting and connecting Veterans
- RFuture, dedicated to the development of the next generation of leaders
- RHeart, supporting and connecting those with visible and invisible disabilities
- RFamily, bringing together employees with family care responsibilities
ALL first year college students are encouraged to apply!
This program will be focused on exposing attendees to the one-and-only RBC culture while providing students with great opportunities to network across all businesses and levels.
Select candidates will also have an opportunity to interview for one of the participating businesses for a Summer 2022 internship. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
APPLICATION PROCESS & TIMELINE
- Strong academic performance at a four-year US college or university program with an expected graduation date between December 2022 - June 2023
- Basic market knowledge and a demonstrated interest in the financial industry
- Strong research abilities and excellent analytical and communication skills
- Extremely motivated and able to take initiative in order to identify ways to add value and improve practices
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, business sense and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in high pressure environments
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
ABOUT RBC CAPITAL MARKETS
- Sunday, March 15, 11:59 pm ET is the application deadline
- Apply online with your resume (PDF file format preferred)
- By submitting an application, you understand and acknowledge that you will be responsible for any travel/accommodation costs
- Friday, March 20: event invitations emailed to select applicants
- Thursday, March 26, 12:30pm - 1:30pm ET: pre-D&I Discovery Day webinar
- Friday, April 3, 1:00pm - 4:00pm: D&I Discovery Day at RBC Capital Markets Office
RBC Capital Markets is a premier investment bank that provides a focused set of products and services to corporations, institutional investors and governments around the world. With more than 7,100 professionals, we operate out of 70 offices in 15 countries across North America, the U.K., Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We work with clients in over 100 countries around the globe to deliver the expertise and execution required to raise capital, access markets, mitigate risk and acquire or dispose of assets.
According to Bloomberg and Dealogic, we are consistently ranked among the largest global investment banks. RBC Capital Markets (RBCCM) is part of a leading provider of financial services, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). Operating since 1869, RBC is one of the top 15 largest banks in the world and the fifth largest in North America, as measured by market capitalization. With a strong capital base and consistent financial performance, RBC is among a small group of highly rated global banks.
In 2019, RBC ranked 3rd among all Corporations and 1st among Financial Institutions in Refinitiv's (formerly Reuters) Diversity & Inclusion Index. The D&I Index ranks over 7,000 listed companies using Environmental, Social and Governance data, and is based on a composite of 24 metrics that roll up into one of four pillars: Diversity; Inclusion; People Development; and Controversies. Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.