- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Rates eTrading Pricing Development Lead
Rates eTrading Pricing Development Lead
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18021676
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The evolution of electronic trading and automation has changed the way that rates products trade forever; driving a need for real-time, low latency pricing, market making and risk technology. In this increasingly electronic and competitive landscape, Citi is key player due to its leading eTrading platform and investment in technology.
The Rates Pricing team is at the forefront, by building high-performance low latency technology that supports the execution of billions of dollars of client trades every day. Our competitive advantage is our technology and having a platform that provides exceptional and dependable trading experience.
Our goal is to provide our traders with best in class technology to automate the pricing of the Rates products they are trading and ensure we can offer our clients the best possible service. The team is responsible for all G10 government bond pricing, interest rate swap pricing and real time risk calculations. As the market constantly evolves, so do our systems, creating a dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring complex technology solutions.
W e are currently looking for a talented and driven individual to lead and build out the pricing development team in New York. This is an incredible opportunity to work directly with the Rates business to build out the next generation of highly performant and highly flexible pricing systems. We are looking for someone with proven leadership skills who can demonstrate success in managing technical projects in a fast paced front office environment to lead our increased automation in the Rates business.
- Working directly with Traders and Quants to shape the future direction of the platform
- Manage and build out a diverse team in New York
- Use creativity and innovation to improve the technical capabilities of the platform and ensure it remains stable, flexible and maintainable
- Utilize a full understanding of the systems implementation to provide operational support
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or a related field.
- Fixed income product knowledge
- Proven Leadership skills and experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional Java and OO design skills
- Understanding of computing science fundamentals - concurrency, algorithms, operating systems
- Self-starting, motivated and willing to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Diligent with automated testing i.e. Junit/Mockito/Cucumber
- Experience with complex high performance distributed systems & messaging
- Has worked in a globally distributed team
- Worked in an Agile team using tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Sonar & Team City
- Performance tuning of both code and JVM