- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
Regional Head of Data Science
New York, NY, USA
I am working with a top-tier Investment Bank based in New York who are investing heavily into future proofing their business services and looking to innovate their entire data regime. They seek a regional leader, someone able to bring a deep level of content knowledge on Predictive Analytics, Machine Leaning, Data, Customer Behavior etc.
They want to go beyond describing consumer behavior to predicting how consumers will behave in the future based on data. 50% of this role will be utilizing that content experience, building a team to solve complex issues and innovate with forward thinking ideas. 25% of this role will see you liaising with c-suite executives from various parts of the global bank to understand their problems, needs and requirements. Collectively, you build solutions and help steer how the overall business use data in a far more innovative fashion moving forward. The final part of this role will see you be responsible for investing time promoting, building partnerships and forging agreements with local universities to make sure this bank is positioned to capture graduating talent. This is a rare opportunity for a Fin-Tech professional to truly aid banking innovation.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Development and Execution of the Americas Data Analytics & BI program
- Provide Data Analytics representation at the Regional Client Data Strategy Working Group.
- Define Data Analytics reporting strategy, driven by business priorities and criticality including senior management reporting and dashboards.
- Demonstrate clear value-add for business.
- Create framework to support definition, application and reporting of Data Analytics metrics including program and project level KPIs
- Responsible for program related communication to business stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to Group Data Policies and any Group or GBM defined processes.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in banking with good knowledge of investment banking and/or global markets
- Possesses very strong management, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong leadership and matrix management skills
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands
- Excellent organizational, planning and management skills
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Be delivery focused with ability to pay attention to detail and ensure tasks are completed on time and to the required levels of quality.
- Proven experience in identifying and managing the risks, issues and dependencies related to complex data projects
- Experience in the Finance and Banking industry environment (e.g., fund administrator, brokerage house, custodian, investment bank etc.) together with business project management experience
- Structured approach to programme and project manager including promoting and ensuring adherence to the project management framework defined by the bank
- Good knowledge of regulatory trends and developments (with particular data focus)
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build and maintain global relationships
- Outstanding written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Planning, time management and resource management skills
- Previous experience in delivery of data science/Analytics/MI projects.
To apply, please respond to this advertisement, attaching your latest resume or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org