- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Regional Product Development Head - LatAm
Regional Product Development Head - LatAm
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19022877
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The PFSS Regional Product Development Head position supports the PFSS Regional Head in the definition, development and implementation of the strategy for the PFSS franchise across products and countries. The position has the primary responsibility to ensure that the set of products that currently exists meet the present and future customer needs and that the Franchise invest in the correct developments following regulatory changes and opportunities and industry's global, regional and local trends going forward in order to maintain our current leadership in the region where we are the only true regional provider with presence in 8 markets (including Canada).
• Ensures that existing product portfolio and development priorities are in line with client and market needs.
• Determine project objectives and milestones for all prioritized projects and initiatives.
• Lead multi country and/or high priority projects within the region
• Liaise with product partners, infrastructure and regulators in order to ensure products and projects are implemented as planned.
• Ensuring the consistency of the product offering with the Global Network structure
• Oversight of local market and regional regulatory changes
• Development of regional market advocacy strategy and client thought leadership program
• Participate in the product definition, implementation and monitoring of the Regional Strategy for PFSS.
• Participate in the definition and implementation of market infrastructures strategy
• Work closely with SSHs and Cluster heads to advocate and lobby the local regulatory community for best practices as defined in major markets and represent our Clients interests in the region.
• Assess competition and participate in strategic definitions for the implementation of all actions related to maintaining current market leader position.
• Participate in the definition of operating models by sub product in close interaction with the global, regional and local product organizations.
• Work with SSHs on a rolling multi-year financial plan for new products as well as ROI on enhancements of existing products
• Increase when applicable the share of wallet and the wallet size by identifying new customer needs and the right set of products to services required by the PFSS community in the region.
• Work jointly with Product Managers from other regions to optimize the global service offering as well as to leverage on other regions knowledge, expertise and infrastructure to find new opportunities in the Region
• Keep updated on Global Capital Markets and Market Infrastructure trends, development and initiatives as well as Global and Regional Competitors strategies and products
• Identify opportunities with other Markets products and if possible provide support when applicable
• Definition of Technology book of work in conjunction with Operations and Global Product Development
• Definition of service standards governing service delivery
• Active engagement with sales/coverage to source client needs
• Provides specific product support when needed for Regional/Global Securities Services sales teams.
• Support Sales and Coverage teams in the sales process for cross border name deals, including pipeline management and the implementation of deals won across the region.
• Participate in the pricing process for new and existing customers.
• Support revenue realization and identify opportunities to shorten the deal lifecycle
• Provide input for both Regional and Global Product MBRs
• Market Management - monitor and follow up on key issues identified with country and product partners.
• Be the regional point of contact with Global Mgmt team related to Product Catalogues, Pricing, and Risk
Product Risk and Control
• Ensure all products and projects implemented have followed the standard approval process and that a thorough analysis has been performed to identify the associated risks to the offering and that they have been mitigated to an acceptable level according to the standard product definitions.
• Ensure required approvals are obtained prior to implementation.
• Prepare and submit Product Catalogue modifications and Special Transaction Memos as required.
• Support the implementation of Key controls functions specific to the product as they are implemented in the countries
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of fifteen years' experience in the Securities Services industry. Experience dealing with regulators, infrastructure and country senior management required.
• Experience leading and participating in Regional projects
• Detailed knowledge of Securities Services products required. Prior experience in capital markets - pension, mutual funds, and brokerage houses - a strong plus.
• Superior analytical skills (assessment/ decision making/ problem solving)
• Superior Strategic planning skills
• Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization and time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of PC based applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Available to travel 30% of the time
• Fluent English. Spanish and Portuguese desirable